With 4 years study and work experience in Europe and America, 9 years experience of sales and marketing on domestic and international scales (7 years management experience in MNC). Familiar with SEO, social media promotion and E-commerce platforms. Deep understanding to E-marketing, sales techniques, brand development, CRM and large international event operation and management. I am now considering next career move to a better opportunity.
Reference regarding my education, work experience, skills and personal details is available. Please let me know if you need any specific evidence.
- Salsa (10 years Salsa dance experience, member of Edinburgh Salsa Fiesta Dancing Club 2004-2005, currently a part-time salsa instructor at Dance Addiction Workshop HK – Modern & Funky Salsa, Bachata and Merengue instruction / Party Co-organiser / DJ)
- Enjoy playing badminton (Committee of Dundee University Badminton Club 2003-04), surfing, scuba diving and sailing (Member of Tayside Sailing Club 2003).
High street fashion, Electronic gadget, Pop music, Documentaries & Comedy Films.
- Travel and experience different cultures (Visited 22 countries in across continents), discovering differernt ways of life and different ways of doing business.
- Committee and Event Organizer of Young Entrepreneur Society of Dundee University 2004
- Member of International Student Society of Edinburgh University 2005
Mar 2014 - Present
Sanxin Camford International School
- Provide teaching and evaluation to university preparatory course students who study Economics at AP and A-Level.
Jun 2013 - Jan 2014
Senior Marketing Manager
*A FTSE 100 company
- Propose, manage and implement the marketing plan for all assigned shows with delivery of a cost effective and appropriate marketing plan with supported market data and analysis for each of the respective events within the agreed budget and timeline. Adjust marketing plan and develop new strategies according to sales progress.
- Lead the Marcom executives to execute marketing plans and meet show targets.
- Manage all aspects of print production, distribution and effectiveness tracking including production of cost effective high quality brochures, invites and other printed materials.
- Manage overall media relationship for assigned shows in China with achievement of frequent, timely and positive media coverage.
- Manage and direct visitors development including the creation and management of special VIP programs, subscription and similar schemes in order to encourage more new visitors and repeat visitors.
- Understand the visitors behavior by planning visitors behavior surveys, execution of surveys, analysis and report the survey results.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of channels for respective events by collecting and analyzing data of every channel.
- Achievement of a positive working relationship with E-marketing Department in order to create consistent and timely delivery of show messages to the targeted audiences.
Mar 2011 - Mar 2013
- Conduct marketing decisions include but are not limited to pricing, product combination, advertising production and media selection. Regulate and improve logistic plan and CRM, especially feedback management and complaint solutions.
- Hire and train sales team, integrate resources across regions. Develop and maintain distribution channels. Plan and organize marketing campaigns such as exhibitions, road shows and banquets etc. Ensure the whole operation is under budget and go smoothly. Optimal goal is to maximize our sales volume.
- Ensure U.S headquarters’ products and business decisions in compliance with Chinese law and regulation. Coordinate design for product combination with American suppliers. Identify growth opportunity and provide specific market intelligence required by CEO, such as competitive products and services, pricing and channels of distribution.
- Develop and improve digital marketing and sales strategy. Enhance sales volume and awareness of our products. That includes product SEO, development of e-distributors and online promotion. Achievement of this act: 400% boost of our sales.
Aug 2006 - Dec 2010
International Market Manager
Sep 2005 - Jul 2006
International Sales Manager
Zhongshan Qi Xing International Economic & Technical Cooperation Ltd.
- As the authorized overseas sales agent of several manufacturers in Zhongshan (including garment, lights, rosewood furniture and electronic home appliance), I lead a team to plan and implement for their international sales. Design, implement and facilitate the brand strategies of our products. Conduct market research, competitor analysis and industry trend monitoring. Develop promotional materials and supervise programs such as trade shows and road shows.
- Implement sourcing for foreign buyers and work as the local agent for their import and export business. Frequent negotiation with Chinese manufacturers and foreign buyers. Maintain strong internal and external network. It requires genuinely strong leadership, language skill, persuasive skill and interpersonal skill. It also involves frequent business trip regionally.
May 2005 - Aug 2005
Sales Consultant (Part-time Work)
- I was appointed to work in the flagship shop of Edinburgh after passing their intensive training program in Manchester.
- Mobile phone, landline and internet service contract direct sales, telephone sales, summer marketing campaigns, implementation of credit check on customers and customer care service. Excellent experience of improving my negotiation and interpersonal skills.
Jul 2004 - Aug 2004
Broker Assistant (Summer Internship)
Equity Solutions Team, Inc.
- Assist my manager on mortgage loan service for clients, advisory and planning for refinancing strategy
- Assist my manager to conduct house appraisal
- Deal with general files regarding real estate purchases and sales
Apr 2001 - Mar 2002
Business Development Executive
Zhongshan Qi Xing International Economic & Technical Cooperation Ltd
- As a team member of authorized sourcing agent, visit different Manufacturers in south China with authorized QC to examine product quality and safety, report details of disqualified product, implement customs declaration, industry research and create industry overviews.
- Assist my clients to make deal with foreign buyers in Chinese Export Commodities Fair.
- Provide assistance to official conferences regularly for foreign companies and local authorities.
- This work involves intense domestic business trips, data analysis and business writing, operation of small conference and reception for overseas clients.
Sep 2004 - Sep 2005
Term 1: Advanced Microeconomics, Advanced Macroeconomics, Quantitative Methods
Term 2: Economics, International Money and Finance, Environment,Energy and Resources
Term 3: “Efficient Markets Hypothesis or Behavioral Finance?”
The dissertation is a sensible approach of the comparison between Efficient Market Hypothesis (EMH) and Behavioral Finance, analysis of several important anomalies in financial market and tests for different form of EMH.
Apr 2002 - Jun 2004
2002/3:Econometrics, Economic Principle, Business Decisions, Risk and Information
2003/4:International Finance, Economic Policy, Financial Economic Analysis, Economic Theory
Search Engine Optimisation - SEO
MS Office Suite
A page on my monthly report regarding our sales progress and update of clients info.
Using Auto CAD to adjust floor plan for my clients and confirm with organiser.
A postcard I designed to advertise the tradeshow One-day Pass to potential exhibitors and delegates.
One of the pages on my invitation letter to the overseas clients. Event - CCBN Dinner Party at Novotel Amsterdam 2008.
This is one of pages in my sales kits for the presentation to overseas clients regarding our ad sales.
This brochure I designed is for the purpose of encouraging domestic companies to attend IBC2009 in Amsterdam.
InfoAV Summit Sponsorship Promotional Campaign
Annual CCBN Daily News Ad Sales
Annual InfoComm Daily News Ad Sales
Annual BIRTV Daily News Ad Sales
Modelling for an ipod ad page on Digihouse China in 2007
Picture taken on site - Sea Palace, Amsterdam 2010