To secure a challenging technical leadership and mentoring position with a strong emphasis on cloud technologies. I will use my 20+ years of technical experience, 12+ years of entrepreneurial and leadership experience, my learning agility, and my desire to define and create the best solutions possible to become an invaluable asset to the company.
Chief Software Architect
SlideRoom Technologies / Liaison International
- Responsible for providing technical leadership and mentoring.
- Started a knowledge sharing initiative to build the collective knowledge across the company's team of developers.
- Created an initiative to build shared components across the company's three new commercial products.
- Greatly simplified and automated the CI / CD process.
- Built a Slack chat bot to automate deployment and other tasks.
- Admissions - C# / TypeScript / AWS / Azure / Redis / Elasticsearch / RabbitMQ / Kubernetes
- Lead developer on a team of six responsible for the recruitment module of this new college admissions platform.
- Built a data integration platform that provides a unified contact record by merging many external sources of contact information and activities together.
- Provides integrations with Stripe, MailChimp, Gmail, Google Sheets, Google Drive, Google Forms, Google Classroom, Desk, Constant Contact, Zendesk, HubSpot, IMAP, and dynamically mapped incoming and outgoing web hooks that can handle JSON, CSV, and XML.
- Foundatio - C# / AWS / Azure / Redis / Elasticsearch / RabbitMQ
- Lead developer on this open source set of libraries which provides pluggable foundation blocks for building loosely coupled distributed applications.
- Shared across four commercial products and used to accelerate development.
- Provides abstractions and various implementations for caching, queues, messaging, distributed locks, file storage, metrics, logging, jobs and repositories.
President / Founder
CodeSmith Tools / Exceptionless
- Responsible for providing both technical and business leadership, growing sales, online marketing, and all other tasks required to run a business.
- Grew the business to over $12 million in lifetime revenue over a 12 year span and employed/managed up to 10 people.
- Exceptionless - C# / WebAPI / AngularJS / Elasticsearch / Redis / MongoDB / Kubernetes
- Lead developer for this open source cloud based error, logs and metrics collection service.
- CodeSmith Generator - C# / WPF / SQL
- Lead developer and product owner of this highly successful and award winning product which pioneered code generation in the .NET ecosystem.
- Designed the template language, built the parser and compiler, and created an IDE complete with auto completion and other high level IDE features.
- Built the SchemaExplorer library to allow exploring and adding additional metadata to database schema information for use in generating data access layer code.
- Implemented Visual Studio and MSBuild integrations.
- Created Windows MSI installer and Visual Studio package.
Apr 2003Oct 2004
Senior Database Engineer
- Responsible for designing, developing and optimizing the database architecture for the biggest online dating site in the world.
Oct 2001Apr 2003
Architect / Lead Software Engineer
- Responsible for designing/developing a new application architecture that takes full advantage of the object oriented capabilities of .NET technologies.
- Provide technical leadership, specifically with regard to learning new .NET technologies, for the development staff.
- United eWay - VS.NET / ASP.NET / C# / SQL2K
- Technical Lead for the United eWay Online Pledge Processing System (OPPS).
May 2000Oct 2001
Architect, Microsoft Competency Group
- Provide technical leadership for the Microsoft competency group development staff.
Foundatio - Pluggable foundation blocks for building distributed apps.
Foundatio Parsers - Lucene style query parser that is extensible and allows modifying the query to extend Elasticsearch's query string query capabilities.
Foundatio Repositories - Generic repositories definitions and implementation for Elasticsearch.