Supervisor / Planner / Process & Document Control / Programmer / Senior CNC Prototype Machinist
Supervisor & Planning
- Supervisor of Prototype Machine Shop ( CNC Mill & Lathe, ID/OD Grinder, EDM Sinker, Heat Treat & QC.
- Work with design engineers and external vendors to make parts that are designed for manufacturability and built on schedule.
- Perform daily review of the production schedule and priorities to determine shift assignments and critical actions.
- Coordinate production with management.
- Identify the appropriate manufacturing process for each job.
- Recommend measures to improve production methods, equipment performance and quality of product.
- Establish work schedules and assignments to meet production goals.
- Resolve and analyze manufacturing discrepancies and interface with QC.
- Run process improvement projects to continuously improve production processes on the shop floor.
- Order Material & Tooling.
- Maintain consumables.
Process & Document Control
- Establish Process procedures.
- Establish Machine shop travelers.
- Develop measurement plans for Machine Shop and QC.
- Develop production procedures, processes and manage the transition of parts and assemblies from development to production.
- Use PDM system for control of documents.
- Organize project folder and documents so the project team can find files in a timely manner.
- Responsible for the interface between engineering, manufacturing to ensure the appropriate changes are properly documented, routed, dispositioned, and/or implemented.
- Ensure existing procedures and standards are followed.
- Catalog and maintains files.
- Monitor document numbers and reviews documents for accuracy and compliance to document processing procedures.
- Ensure documents meet standards for production.
Programmer & Machinist
- Utilize Mastercam software for generation of machine programming from solid models and drawings.
- Hand code programming from drawing.
- Program CNC Lathe, Mill Turn & Mill (Mastercam / EIA) (Metric or Inch).
- Program, Setup and Operate Doosan Puma Lathe 1500SY (X, Z, C, B & Y axis, dual spindle & bar feeder), Haas Lathe SL20 (X, Z & C axis) & Haas SL10 (X & Z axis) & Hardinge Quest GT27 (X & Z axis).
- Program for setup & operator personal.
- First Article Inspection.
- ISO geometrical tolerancing / GD&T tolerances.
- Machine exotic materials (Inconel, Ultimet, Nitronic60, Titanium, Invar).
- Produce parts to print with ultra tight tolerance (+/-.002mm).