- Farmville US-VA
- [email protected]
I am an enthusiastic, responsible individual with strong written and oral communications skills, devoted to contributing to the growth and prosperity of a strong and progressive team oriented company. Ideally, I'd like to continue working for a company that I could help to create marketing and promotional material as well as help to publicize a brand that I'm proud to stand behind. I am also interested in working as a news anchor or broadcaster.
Organizational Communications Course Longwood University Spring 2012
HR Director, Co-Team Leader
· Planning a fundraiser to raise money to benefit the Moton Museum in Farmville, VA. · Assisting in the branding strategy process by helping to develop a group identity · Communicating with sponsors to donate towards a silent auction in which all proceeds with go towards the museum's future projects· Advertising creatively and effectively to exceed event turnout goal · Coordinated successfully with client representative
(Team contract can be found in side-bar of portfolio)
Applied Organizational Communications Course Longwood University Fall 2010
· Conducted internal communication audit for the Gay Straight Alliance on campus
· Negotiated audit scope, process and confidentiality agreement with client representatives
· Gathered data through team member interviews and survey research
· Audit report covered issues such as team member engagement, satisfaction with formal and informal channels of communication, satisfaction with leadership and team member commitment · Prepared formal written report and presentation for client that identified communication strengths, areas of concern and recommendations for improvement
Fundamental Public Relations Course Longwood University Fall 2009
Public Relations Consultant
· Served as PR consultants to the Dean of the Cook-Cole College of Arts and Sciences at Longwoood
· University as part of semester-long, client-based project
· Conducted research including media scans, audience and SWOT analyses· Suggested strategies and tactics for the client · Developed assessment strategies to determine levels of success
My name is Erica Mangum. I am a senior at Longwood University studying Communication Studies with a concentration in Organization Communications and Public Relations. Though my passion resides in the organizational and public relations side of Communication Studies I also have taken many classes focusing on the mass media side of things. I was on the Longwood University Equestrian team, in which I held an executive position as social. My responsibilities included organizing team building events as well as fundraisers. I am currently interning at a property managment company where I organize and participate in publicity events, create marketing and promotional matierals that adhere to our brand, as well as many other things.
• Responsible for leasing apartments to prospective tenants by touring available properties, taking them through theapplication process, and executing their lease• Provide excellent customer service to clients• Develop solutions and innovative methods of reaching prospective tenants• Create marketing and promotional materials that adhere with the Walk2Campus brand• Organize and participate in publicity events• Perform administrative duties such as taking phone calls, filing, etc.
• Provide customer service to members and potential members• Help with promotion and recruiting of new members• Volunteer within the community and amongst our members• Responsible for promoting healthy and safe lives not only within our facilities but outside of our walls too