Principal Database Administrator/Database Machine Administrator
- Exadata implementation: Lead DBA for implementing, testing and supporting 3 Oracle Exadata machines – Prod, QA, DR – used for mission critical applications.
- GoldenGate Replication: Migrated databases to Exadata using GoldedGate to limit cutover time.
- 11TB data warehouse Unicode conversion and upgrade: Designed and implemented a process for moving a 11TB non-Unicode database to a Unicode supported database in 3 days. During the conversion process, the database also was upgraded from an 10.2 single instance database to a 11.2 RAC database.
- Global laboratory application implementation: Designed and implemented a RAC database solution for a global laboratory application. The database environment also includes a physical standby database for DR and a logical standby database for reporting.
- CRM application implementation: Designed and implemented a RAC database for in-house global CRM application.
- XML files to RDBMS conversion: Designed and implemented a database to hold data converted from 46 million XML files to a 1.6TB relational database model for on-line reporting.
- 12c cluster creation: Architected, implemented and documented the creation of 12c clusters.
- Leading a team of 4 DBAs.
- Supporting 3 Exadata machines as a lead Database Machine Administrator (DMA).
- Designing, implementing, upgrading and supporting high availability, mission critical database systems using Exadata, RAC (10.2, 11.2 & 12.1), ASM, Data Guard, RMAN, compression and In-Memory.
- Architecting, implementing and supporting disaster recovery solutions for mission critical systems using Data Guard and RMAN.
- Designing, implementing and supporting backup and recovery solutions using RMAN.
- Architecting, creating and supporting IDEXX’s database server environment.
- Migrating databases to Exadata using GoldenGate.
- Designing and implementing a standardized schema methodology for in-house applications.
- Managing schema changes from development through production.
- Supporting, upgrading and maintaining over 150 Oracle 9i, 10g, 11g and 12c databases.
- Maintaining a 99.99% uptime for all databases by using DBA best practices and proactive monitoring.
- Creating, documenting and implementing DBA best practices for production and test databases.
- Tuning SQL and databases to meet and exceed business requirements.
- Supporting an 55 TB Data Warehouse database.
- Writing, testing and implementing KSH scripts to monitor databases and automate processes.