(August 1990 to April 1998)
Responsible for store design, point-of-purchase, and audio/visual for all Kinney Corporation divisions. These include Foot Locker, Lady Foot Locker, Kinney Shoes, Champs Sports, Kids
Foot Locker, World Foot Locker, Basics, Colorado, Going to the Game, and FootQuarters… 4,200 stores in all.
Supervised the design and development of World Foot Locker (winner of Retail Store of the Year 1993) Colorado, Super Champs (winner of Retail Store of the Year 1994), Kids Foot Locker and Basics.
· Increase sales and market share with excellent in-store design and point-of-purchase pieces.
· Constantly explore the retail market for “cutting edge” ideas, which could be tailored for any existing divisions.
· Change visual presentation so dramatically that Kinney Corporation specialty stores “refuse to be ignored” in today’s cluttered retail environment.
· Integrate Retail Environments with Construction, Marketing, Merchandising and overall corporate strategies.
· Implement design techniques that will convey each individual division’s image consistently in all store formats.
· Develop and control budgets that will result in lower over-all store costs.
· Keep abreast of what architects, outside designers, and on-staff store planners see ahead in order to intelligently forecast projected design trends.
· Develop staff of twenty-six internal associates.
· Direct creative work of several outside agencies and freelancers.
· Report to Senior Vice President of Marketing and Strategic Planning.