Senior Sap Specialist
INTEGRATED SAP SOLUTIONS IOINT VENTURE ACCENTURE MIDDLE EAST
- Position and working atmosphere :
- Team size : Senior SAP Specialist leading a team of 12 SAP Engineers
- Implementation Name : Client has a requirement to systemize wbs structure, activities, billing elements that by implementing SAP PS module has fulfilled the cause.
- Project. : Magnificent Gas Processing Plant for ADCO (Abu Dhabi Gas Company) valued 1Billion USD
- Client Description: DODSAL
- DODSAL one of the world’s biggest construction giant involved in Oil & Gas projects of ADNOC, PDO, QP, Rasgas with annual turn-over of 10Billion US Dollars having 50,000+ manpower and large number of construction equipments.
- Project Structuring
- AS IS Business Process Base on experience or similar projects to create a new project. Sometime, the project structure provided by customers. The structure of project are prepared on Primavera, there isn’t any specialized software to support.
- To be : a project on the basis of an Inquiry from a custo mer. Created Operative project by copying standard project on the basis of type of Project such that if the project doesn't materialize, the same will be closed & deletion flag will be set.
- AS IS Business Process :Sometime, the project structure provided by customers. The structure of project are prepared on MS project, there isn’t any specialized software to support.
- To be: Created WBS directly or by copying standard project.Created Various levels of WBS element for cost planning, account assignment and billing.
- Pain Areas The number of hours spent by a draftsman on a drawing for a specific project needs to be recorded for cost allocation.
- To be: Inserted Shop drawing activity as Cost activity with units assigned to track the cost.Introduced an cost activity named Mock-up sample to be to absorb the budget..
- AS IS Business Process: The Milestones are used to track the advance payment and site access.
- To be: Created milestone for Billing percentage and Progress Tracking.
- AS IS Business Process: Based on the requirement of customer, duration of each activity and relationship among activities are maintained.The Scheduling for the Project is carried out in Primavera. Duration of the activity is determined according to the quantity of units to complete it.
- To be: Maintained the duration for Internal and Service activities in the individual activities directly. The calculation type for the Work is automatically – depending upon the duration.
- AS IS Business Process:prepare Project program of work (Baseline program) based on the contractual completion date, program given by client, procurement & Production plan. Scheduled projects using Method “Free Scheduling”. Scheduled WBS elemenl using Method “Open Scheduling.
- 3 Material Planning
Pain Areas: Vendor Material submittal are not controlled by QA/QC. Status of material submittal is not maintained currently
- To be: Generated direct purchase requisition for Stock items usig Project specific externally procured items and account assigned to Project Stock (Q) and WBS reservation
- Cost Planning
- AS IS Business Process: The Cost planning for the Projects is not done by Guzlan International
- To be: Triggered procurement and service usinge network cost planning
- AS IS Business process: Cost of internal Activity is currently based on salary of project members
- To be: Cost is based on: 1)Work Centre 2) Activity type 3) Normal Duration
- AS IS Business Process: The cost planning for external services in the initial phase is done roughly based on previous project experience.
- To be:The services assigned to the activity as service specifications are differentiated into the following: 1)Planned services 2) Unplanned services