Name: John C. Boujaoude, P.E.
Company: CSE Engineering & Consulting, LLC
Title: Principal Engineer
Address: 6216 Holloway Drive
Membership: American Society of Civil Engineers
Tau Beta Pi Engineering Honor Society
Registration: Professional Engineer, Ohio
Model Law Engineer, National Council of Examiners for Engineering and Land Surveying (NCEES).
As a NCEES Council Record Holder, Professional Engineer licenses in additional states can be typically obtained on an expedited basis (a week or two).
Education: Ohio Northern University, BSCE
Over 22 years of professional experience in many aspects of structural design in a fast-track environment including reinforced concrete, steel, masonry, timber, aluminum structures, and their foundations, both shallow type and deep foundation systems. This work includes foundation for pre-engineered metal buildings, structures for bridges, manufacturing and warehousing, institutional, and commercial facilities. Experienced in seismic design per the latest IBC code. Related experience includes load capacity analysis of existing structures, and checking structural calculations of culvert and bridge projects. Industrial experience includes bulk-material-handling, power, biotechnology, pharmaceutical, chemical, food processing, pulp and paper, and automotive plants.
Design engineering experience includes:
Structural analysis of new structures and retrofit of existing structures. Technical skills include foundation design, slab-on-grade design, frame analysis of braced and rigid frames, seizing and detailing of structural members and their connections including hollow shapes. Also, experienced in designing frame supports of large vessels and other industrial equipment, platforms, catwalks, crane and monorail supports, masonry wall design and retrofit, and the retrofit of pre-cast concrete frames.
Related skills include:
Lead Structural Engineer on large process structures. Managing a large design staff up to 15 engineers and designers. Responsible for the completion of all the technical deliverables, managing the schedule, budget, and related administrative duties.
Experience in the design of "Yard" structures including tank-farms, silo foundation, and pipe racks supports.
Experience in Microsoft Word and Excel, AutoCAD, and various structural analysis software including STAAD Pro.
Construction management including acting as primary contact on construction projects between field and office personnel, monitoring of construction progress, maintaining records, reviewing shop drawings, estimating, soliciting bids, and sizing of structural components for design build estimates, acting as client representative during the construction phase, field observation and the writing of field reports.
Forensic experience includes:
- Property Condition Assessment
- Structural Failure Investigation
- Construction Defects Claims Analysis
- Construction Schedule Delay Inquiry
- Fall Protection Design
- Slip & Fall cases Investigation.
- Structural Load Capacity Analysis of existing structures
Related experience includes:
- Environmental Phase I Site Assessment
- OSHA regulations
- Cost Engineering
- Construction Management
- Owner's Representative
- Geothechnical studies procurement and interpretation
Relevant partial list of projects include:
- Duke Energy, multiple locations, IN. Designed the foundations for large gypsum storage facilities and the structural supports for conveyors and other equipment. Related duties included the design of yard structures including long spanning conveyor-support trusses.
- American Electric Power, Carbo Virginia. Designed retaining walls & foundations for a coal storage facility. Reviewed structural steel shop drawings for new process structures located at the facility.
- American Electric Power, Moundsville, West Virginia. Analyzed & designed the structural framing for a 120-feet tall process structure. Also designed and detailed the structural connections.
- CellTower site inspections. Performed over a hundred environmental site assessment and physical inspections of cell tower sites throughout Ohio, Kentucky and Indiana. Related duties included zoning verification and related technical and regulatory compliance.
- Cargill, Inc. , Blair, NE.Acted as a lead structural engineer on major process structures including pipe bridges for a New Corn Processing manufacturing campus.
- AGP, Inc., Hastings, NE. Acted as a lead structural engineer on major process structures including pipe bridges for a New Ethanol processing plant.
- Multiple Residential/ Commercial structures. Investigated and proposed solutions for multiple structural defects including cracks in foundation walls and slabs on grade, excessive roof deflections, and wind and water related damages.
- Kellogg Company, Cincinnati, OH. Designed several fall protection systems over industrial ovens and for access to top of tanker trucks and rail cars.
- Kellogg Company, Louisville, KY. Investigated a failed loading dock wall, determined the cause of failure, and proposed retrofit solutions.
- Hillenbrand Industries, Batesville, IN. Assessed the structural condition of a wood framed structure, built in the early part of the 20th century. Identified & developed retrofit solutions for defective items.
- Parking Garage, Sharonville, OH. Assessed the structural condition of a concrete framed structure. Identified & developed retrofit solutions for defective items.
- Jefferson-Smurfit, Wabash, IN. Assessed the structural condition of a steel framed structure. The Structure roof trusses were experiencing loss of section due to excessive rusting. Identified & developed retrofit solutions for defective items.
- Holiday Inn, Dayton, OH Acted as owner representative on a five story hotel. Related duties included schedule review, cost estimating, conflict resolution between the various contractors and/ or between owner and contractors.
- Bay West Paper, Middletown, OH. Investigated a roof collapse, determined cause of failure, and provided retrofit solutions.
- Eli Lilly, Lafayette, IN.Assessed the condition of existing masonry walls, determined the source of deterioration and provided solutions for both preventing further worsening and upgrading the existing walls to current codes & standards.
- Shell Chemicals, WV. Investigated a rigging accident where the lifting chain had broken and injured one of the construction workers.
- Genentech, Vacaville, CA. As a resident construction engineer, was responsible for construction quality control, identifying and correcting construction defects, and implementing programs to prevent Slip & Fall cases.
- Cargill, Dayton, OH. Analyzed the load capacities of several structures for possible floor additions.