Take advantage of my extensive experience and success in building highly efficient and productive Technical Sales Teams and running International Operations for Technology companies.
Executive Manager with well over 20 years of experience in running Global Teams, along with 10 years of International Operations and Business Development experience.
My passion is formulating and executing on models that grow the individuals on the teams I lead while growing company revenue. This has always allowed me to enjoy my job while delivering results. My concept of transitioning Technical Sales centric teams to Business Technologists was formulated while I was at CA and the model was put into action there and at succeeding companies with tremendous success. Given the challenge to take this model and move it throughout my Global region was an amazing opportunity and one that completely enriched me on Global Cultures and International Business practices. This led to numerous opportunities and responsibilities in the areas of Offshore Solution Centers, International Market penetration, Internationalization projects, Business Development and of course Executive Sponsorship in accounts around the world.Highlights:• 5 years in Software Development and Management of Software Development Teams.• 20+ years experience in Global Pre-sales Leadership.• Extensive experience in International Operations and Technical Sales Leadership, with specific focus on Asia-Pacific Operations during 2002-2008.• Responsible for running the Japan Operation in 2004-2005, reducing costs and raising revenue targets• Member of various Senior Management Teams and Global Leadership Teams over the years.• Initiated a Senior Global Pre-Sales Manager Council assembled from various companies.• Built a highly efficient Sales Engineer model that consistently ran with a 5+ year tenure, and an efficient ratio of Sales Reps to SEs.A Guest speaker at the University of Delaware Business School on International Business Topics.Serving on the Advisory board of a Startup firm in the SaaS space.
Dec 2010 - Present
Vice President Global Security Engineers
Growing a strong and efficient team of technically strong Security Engineers and enhancing their abilities to focus on Unique Business Value and the differentiating capabilities that our solutions provide the technical and Business Executive.
Jan 2010 - Dec 2010
Consulting for the SMB marketplace Focus on Top Line revenue growth through the development of both Direct and Indirect sales strategies, transition of Pre-Sales to Business Technologists, the implementation of supporting Business Processes, Sales Methodologies and their automation through enabling technology.
2008 - 2010
VP Sales Engineering Worldwide
Responsible for the Global Pre-Sales Organization for NetSuite along with the Sales Enablement Team responsible for all Technical Sales and Sales Rep training and the Solution Center Team.
Team members are located across North America, Asia Pacific and EMEA.
- Managed the Worldwide Pre-Sales Team. Introduced the technical selling concept of the Proof-of-Value (POV) utilizing a strategic Value based approach which is part of all sales cycles of the Direct Sales Team as well as many of our partners.
- Created and Developed the Solution Center based out of Manila to handle all customizations and back office operations for the field Sales Engineers.
- Built a Sales Enablement Team responsible for Development and roll out of all training content for internal Sales Reps, Sales Engineers and Partners. This included On-Demand as well as classroom training.
- Developed a Growth plan and levels for the Team to promote retention
- Implemented many processes and procedures to streamline the operation and Sales Process
- Expanded the International presence in to parts of the Middle East and Asia.Built up a Japan based team and developed partner relationships in the Japan region.
2001 - 2008
Senior Vice President Global Pre-Sales
Manage the Worldwide Pre-Sales Team for SAG.This Team has a headcount of about 250 SEs and Management supporting the webMethods product stack sales.Successfully transitioned the SE Team from a pure technical skill set to a Business Technologist skill set.Retention averages of 5+ years for the North America and EMEA Team.Was responsible for running the Japan operation in 2003-2004 and I remained heavily engaged in Asia Sales and operations since 2001, focused on Australia, New Zealand, Asean, Japan and Greater China.
- Member of the Global Leadership Team
- Own the P&L of the Worldwide Team
- Manage the combined Solution Center, the RFP Center, the POC Swat Team and the Partner SE Support Team
- Creator of the Proof-of-Value concept (POV) which doubled our success rate in deal closings
- Recipient of the Annual Presidents Award 2005
Formed and Headed up a SVP Presales Council with Global Executives from 6 software companies
Excel in building close knit highly productive technical Teams, running efficient operations and building synergies in International operations.
2000 - 2001
Vice President WW Pre/Post Sales
Responsible for the Leadership and Management of the Worldwide Pre-sales Systems Engineers as well as the Post Sales Consultants for this Startup venture.
- Built and Managed the Pre/Post-Sales Team on a Global basis from startup
- Member of the Executive Team and responsible for overseas office rollout
- Worked with the VC firms on strategy, direction and Marketing Plans
- Managed the SaaS Center and Demo Center
- Opened International Offices and launched local Pre/Post Sales
1988 - 2000
Vice President Pre-Sales
Managed the Mid-Atlantic Pre-Sales Team carrying an annual quota of $300-400 million with an SE headcount of about 80.
Responsible for the local Virtual Enterprise demo center.
Started as a Systems Engineer on Database, Applications development and EIS and moved up through SE Manager, SE Director, to Vice President.
- Held the highest retention rate in the company
- Developed the Business Technologist SE profile and ramped individuals to this level
- Directed the first Team of Business Technologists in addition to the Regional Pre-Sales Team
- Developed numerous Data Mining systems for use by Corporate
- Worked directly with the CEO and COO on a number of projects related to field activities, demo packages as well as system development for Corporate
1986 - 1988
Software Development Manager
Israel Aircraft Industries
Managed a software development team designing automated aircraft wiring systems.
Designed and developed a Software Life Cycle management system on the Oracle Database.
1984 - 1986
A member of the Software Development staff within the Design Automation Group. Responsible for development of the Timing Analysis Modeling Programs.
Sep 1979 - Dec 1983
University of MIchigan
Completed my degree in Computer Engineering with concentration on Computer Graphics, CAD/CAM and Relational Databases.
Scuba Diving, Kayaking, Underwater Photography, Road and Mountain Biking, Guitar Playing, Wine Making and World Travel.
Recent books read: "From Good to Great", "The Three Signs..." by Patrick Lencioni, "Three Cups of Tea" (Great book!!!), "The Kite Runner", "The Adversity Advantage" (Erik Weihenmayer - The only blind climber to reach the 7 summits), "The Leadership Pill" - Ken Blanchard
"Death by Meeting" - Patrick Lencioni
"Sun Tzu and the Art of Business" - Mark McNeilly
C-level references available on a Global scale