VP of Product and Technology
Papara is a licensed and regulated payments company in Turkey which received investments from Revo Capital, a VC listing World Bank and IFC among it's investors. Papara was acquired by Paypal for $100M on May 2019.
- Led the design and development of the e-wallet and payments platform. Platform features included:
- Sending money to email addresses, mobile numbers, Facebook friends
- Saving credit cards and using them at checkout
- Mobile (GSM) payments at checkout
- Mass payments for merchants
- Top up wallet from 50,000+ physical locations
- Instant money transfer between wallet and 15+ banks in Turkey via web services
- Led the project to issue a pre-paid MasterCard directly connected to the e-wallet platform without an intermediary bank
- Reached over 1M users
- Oversaw 15+ engineers, designers and product managers, reported to the CEO.