Apr 2011 - Present
Social Media Workshop (Volunteer)
Alzheimer Society of Ontario
- Contributed to a workshop to improve the ASO’s usage of social media for a class project. Areas covered included major social media platforms, search engine optimization techniques and engagement measurement tools.
- Adapted knowledge of social media theory and practice to help this organization succeed in a public affairs campaign.
Jul 2011 - Present
Communications Plan (Volunteer)
Kids Help Phone
- Created and presented a detailed communications plan to improve organization’s annual Halloween fundraiser for a class project.
- Identified key target audiences and developed key messages, strategies and tactics.
May 2008 - Oct 2010
Property Maintenance Worker
MJS Property Maintenance
- Maintained cottages and businesses in the Milford Bay and Bracebridge area.
- Liaised with customers and vendors.
- Performed periodic maintenance and cleaning on company equipment and vehicles.
May 2006 - Jul 2007
- Responded to phone calls and correspondence from constituents.
- Managed “Ten Percenter” literature strategy and wrote the quarterly newsletter sent to every household in the Parry Sound-Muskoka riding.
- Accompanied minister to public events within Parry Sound-Muskoka. Liaised with attending constituents, managed issues and resolved problems.
May 2005 - Aug 2005
Andy Mitchell, MP for Parry Sound-Muskoka and Minister of Agriculture
- Helped constituents who were experiencing difficulty accessing government services.
- Completed research projects for use by the minister in meetings with stakeholders.
- Accompanied minister to public events.
Jan 2011 - Present
Ontario Graduate Certificate
Sep 2005 - Jun 2009
Bachelor of Arts (Honours)