To obtain a challenging interior design position in which my considerable background and personal attributes will be best utilized.
Oct 2009 - Present
- Sold Thomasville furniture, accents, and custom window treatments based upon needs of the room.
- Maintained a client base through new business and referrals.
May 2010 - Jun 2011
- Worked with a national client to specify roll-out remodels that fits in their design guidelines, create
storeswith more local relevance, and specify for LEED certification.
- Specified and researched new trends for color and materials for retail spaces, based upon use,
cost,performance, and availability. Presented materials to clients with use of boards and verbal
- Marked up drawings for finishes, and compiled and wrote specification books for contractors and
- Met with vendors to learn about new products.Organized and updated resource library
- Inventoried and reviewed submittals and shop drawings for approval, rejection, modification, etc.
and sent to appropriate contractors.
Sep 2006 - Jan 2009
Charles Sparks + Company
-Specified and researched new trends for color and materials for retail spaces, based upon use, performance,
cost, and availability. - Compiled and wrote specification books for contractors and clients. - Inventoried and reviewed submittals and shop drawings for approval, rejection, modification, etc., and sent
back to appropriate contractors. - Prepared sample boards for design presentations to clients.
Jun 2006 - Sep 2006
Rieke Office Interiors
Apr 2006 - Jun 2006
Darl Grooters Ltd.
Sep 2002 - Oct 2005
Assistant Store Manager
-Worked with store manager and management team to achieve store projections and key business drivers.-Developed staff in customer service to drive sales.-Managed P&L and shrinkage, secured store funds and keys.-Merchandised floor sets with plan-o-grams, and based on sell-through.-Interviewed and recruited candiates for sales associate positions and management positions.
Jul 2001 - Aug 2002
2003 - 2006
Illinois Institute of Art
CIDA accredited, formerly FIDER