Run an international business either as a Director of Marketing or as a General Manager. I love taking brands and helping them deliver what they're truly worth and look forward to doing that with some fabulous brands in my next role.
What do I do?
Marketing and general management of international brands and businesses
What do I bring?
A comprehensive background in international marketing, strong business management skills, an excellent track record managing people and a creative slant on how to do all of this.
Why am I special?
I have a unique mix of technical, creative, marketing, business management and leadership skills, all wrapped up in an exceptionally international package.
I'm as happy delving into the details of a web site or product with a web developer or an engineer as I am talking to the CEO about the strategy I am eager to put in place for the business. Likewise, I'm just as motivated about a creative session with a marketing team or agency as I am building the details of a business plan with the finance, supply chain and business management teams.
I can turn around an existing, traditional business and bring it into the 21st century and can run fast moving, modern businesses in highly competitive online spaces.
Why should you employ me?
Because I will be a passionate owner of the business I run. I'll lead the teams involved with excitement and I'll be the standard bearer for that business both internally and externally. I'll be a creative force in improving it and will provide the rigour needed to make it a success, being fully accountable to senior management. I thoroughly enjoy being the force behind making brands and businesses deliver what they're truly worth.
Feb 2009 - Apr 2011
Director of Marketing and Global Brand Director
Responsible for Baby & Parenting Essentials marketing team and general management of Teutonia Kinderwagenfabrik, a Newell-Rubbermaid sub-company
- Served as General Manager of Teutonia, owning P&L, product, brand and two manufacturing sites
- Drove Teutonia as a premium global brand and expanding to Eastern Europe, US, UK
- Led dramatic business improvement through margin improvement and region expansion
- Managed several high capital projects
- Directed integration of Teutonia into Newell Rubbermaid
- Deployed successful rebranding and brand repositioning with online and social refocus
Nov 2006 - Oct 2008
Head of Product Marketing
Responsible for Toshiba's product and sub-brand strategy for EMEA
- Led team responsible for bringing all computing products to EMEA markets
- Played key role in top-level rebranding of Toshiba's consumer businesses
- Owned pricing and budget approval for €3bn business; managed all computing brands
Jan 2002 - Nov 2006
Co-Founder and CTO
Establishment of a company providing next-generation wireless voice over IP solutions
- Drove innovative product development and brought company to profitability in three years
- Led marketing, product management, R&D and production
- Completed several complex consultancy projects for blue chip customers
- Grew highly cohesive team across three countries and integrated outsourced teams
- Developed highly integrated e-commerce system with dynamic branding to reflect partner
Mar 1998 - Jan 2002
Extended Product Marketing Manager
Responsible for development of Extended Product Marketing team, with focus on mobile solutions
- Devised and implemented first ever cross business-unit wireless strategy
- Created and led highly regarded market programmes for telecoms, finance and technical markets
Nov 1995 - Mar 1998
As part of a global team, was responsible for Europe's product and technology vision as well as product marketing for high-end product ranges
- Positioned highly profitable Europe at forefront of product planning process
- Architected highly acclaimed Toshiba Visions technology communication programme
Apr 1994 - Nov 1995
Electronic Marketing Manager
Creation of first non-paper marketing strategies for company through CD-ROM catalogue
Jun 1993 - Apr 1994
Graphic designer and copywriter
All Pre-Print BV
Management of a range of magazines including design, copy writing, printing and distribution