This portfolio showcases a variety of my academic and professional work throughout my time as a student and entry-level working professional. I received my Bachelors Degree from Louisiana Tech University in 2008 and my Masters Degree in Family and Child Sciences from Florida State University in 2010. This portfolio will continue to reflect my work and progress as a Food and Nutrition undergraduate didactic student at the University of Alabama.
I believe in always trying your hardest and doing the best work you are capable of, no matter how small or large the task. I believe it is important to show everyone respect and kindness. I strive to constantly achieve and obtain goals I set for myself personally, academically, and professionally.
Short-term Goals (within the next three years):
- I plan to complete the online didactic Food and Nutrition program through the University of Alabama.
- I plan to apply to and complete a Dietetic Internship.
- I plan to sit for and pass the Registered Dietitian (RD) Exam to become a registered dietitian in the area of community nutrition.
Long-term Goals (within the next ten years):
- I plan to start work in the state of Florida as a registered dietitian in the area of community nutrition, possibly working with WIC programs.
- I plan to begin classes working towards my PhD in Food and Nutrition or Dietetics.
Student member of the American Dietetic Association (ADA): June 2012 - Present
CPR/First Aid/AED Certified: May 2011
Florida Department of Children and Families - 45 hour requirement certification: March 2011
Aug 2010 - Dec 2011
Assistant Director/Office Manager, Assistant Preschool Teacher
Creative Child Learning Center
- Coordinated accounting and client information management, and assisted with staff scheduling
- Maintained around 200 children files as required by the Department of Children and Families and coordinated school readiness and voluntary pre-kindergarten attendance records necessary for compliance with the Early Learning Coalition (ELC)
- Assisted in monthly teacher meetings and collaborated with the director on improvement activities for teacher moral, community involvement, and money saving ideas around the school
- Gave tours to potential students and families, and assisted in classrooms when needed (infant-Pre-K, and after school care)
- Saved the school approximately $300 a month by solving an issue with school lunch ordering
- Kept overdue tuition below the target set by the company
- Contributed to increase in both enrollment and parent/guardian involvement
- Worked with Microsoft Office programs
- Created and proofed documents (memos, letters, flyers, calendars, etc) for staff
- Performed typical administrative duties daily (answering multi-line phone, sent faxes, emails, etc.)
- Helped create lesson plans and assisted the lead teacher throughout the day with varying activities and responsibilities.
- Interacted with and supervised children in the classroom and on the playground
- Promoted and expanded physical, emotional, social, and cognitive development in preschool age children through daily activities
Aug 2008 - Aug 2009
Florida State University
- Graded papers, assisted students in class and through e-mails, and posted grades online
- Created and updated test questions to guarantee test accuracy
- Taught classes and helped administer quizzes and tests
- Administered online classes and assignments
May 2003 - Aug 2007
- Taught tennis lessons to children ages 3-17 years in private lessons and group camps
May 2012 - Present
Bachelors of Science
The University of Alabama
Aug 2008 - Dec 2010
Masters of Science
The Florida State University
Emphasis: Child Development
Sep 2003 - May 2008
Bachelors of Science
Louisiana Tech University
Concentration: Child Life