I believe it is important to find something that you are absolutely passionate about. Once you find those things that tug at your heart and you're fascinated with them, do something about them because if you're truly passionate about that one/or multiple things, then you will fall in love with working at or for them.
Aug 2014 - May 2018
Food and Nutrition (Nutritional Sciences Concentration)/Pre-PA
The University of Alabama
May 2010 - Aug 2014
TOPS in Transition (Tips, Organization, Preparation, & Success)
- Personally established a business catering to incoming junior high students and their parents.
- Accompanied each individual student to select, organize, and label all necessary school supplies and materials for the upcoming year.
- Individual counseling with each student and their parents regarding expectations and helpful hints for homework, projects, and the transition into junior high.
- Shadowed Surgeons and P.A.s at Texas Neurosurgery L.L.P.
Shadowed Surgeons and P.A.s at Texas Ophthalmic Plastic/Reconstruction
- Make good grades the first semester of college to set the tone for the next 7 semesters.
- Talk with an adviser about Physician Assistant school.
- Formulate a plan on getting into Physician Assistant school.
- Create meaningful relationships with peers and faculty.
- Find a service opportunity that I am passionate about that gives back to the Tuscaloosa community.
- Become a Physician Assistant.
- Lead a healthy lifestyle.
- Be part of something bigger then myself (i.e. medical mission work).
- Have a family.
- AP Scholar with Distinction
- National English Honor Society
- Magna Cum Laude Honor Roll
Support Staff- LEAP Medical Mission Trip to Belize, June 2013
(Life Enhancement Association for People)
- Provided administrative assistance to medical staff for the intake, pre-op, post-op care of patients and their families.
Observed and assisted with surgical procedures.
Counselor- Camp Barnabas, June 2013 and June 2014
(Camp for adults and children with special needs) Purdy, MO
- Volunteer counselor for two adult campers with Down’s Syndrome and young child with Cerebral Palsy
- Responsibilities included 24-hour care including assisting eating, bathing, dressing, and camp activities, along with helping manage feeding tubes and breathing monitors.
Mission of Hope, April 2012
(Organization bringing life transformation to Haitians.) Titanyen, Haiti
- Served on short-term discipleship trip to Haiti to encourage mission workers and to facilitate Bible study school for Haitian orphans and children.
- Freshman Forum is a leadership development program for freshman at The University of Alabama.
- Provides leadership education and training along with civic engagement opportunities.
- Freshman Forum is centered on the values of leadership, scholarship, and service.
- As a participant of Freshman Forum, I am able to grow as an individual in the aspects of self-discovery, leadership, and service.
Alpha Chi Omega
- Alpha Chi Omega is dedicated to enriching the lives of members through lifetime opportunities of friendship, leadership, learning and service.
- Alpha Chi Omega has adopted domestic violence awareness as its national philanthropy.
- As a member, I am able to experience lasting friendships and gain leadership and service opportunities.
*in the process of applying for Al's Pals and the Pre-PA club at UA