I bring with me a strong experience as an executive, 9 years in sales departments and 7 years in planning and finance. Currently, I hold the position of National Sales Manager and I am responsible for the offices in Mexico. One of my strengths is my ability to easily adapt to different industries while collaborating and achieving successful results and exceeding expected revenue, while maintaining strict control over costs and develop internal talent to managerial jobs. I hold a Bachelor's degree in Business Administration from the ITAM, I am married with 2 children. I am also fluent in Spanish and English.
Strategic Planning Manager
·In charge of commercial Business model and implementation follow up.
·Assigned sales objectives by channel, region and sales representative.
·Developed and followed up on market (segment) penetration strategies nationally.
·Responsible for total sales budgeting and objectives by region and sales channel.
Developed cuantitive model that contributing to achieve to be the first place in the market in average salaries and the third most profitability company in the industry
May 2008 - Present
National Sales Manager
I am in responsible for the office in Mexico, specifically for following areas: Sales, Planning, Customer Services, HR and IT support. Currently we are selling to retail stores( WalMart, Chedraui, HEB, Soriana, Casa Ley, Comercial Mexicana), Clubs( SAMS, COSTCO and City), Furniture Stores( Coppel, Electra and FAMSA), Home Centers( Lowes and Home Depot), Department stores ( Liverpool, Palacio and Sears) and Wholesalers
Achievements to date: • I implemented three price adjustments which resulted in an increase of the operating margin of 7 basis points• I restructuring and specialization of the work force for sales channels( Grupo WalMart, Clubs, Department stores, Wholesalers, Furniture stores and Retails), these strategy generated us two digits growth as average in all the channels except for WalMart• We reactivated key accounts with Elektra, FAMSA, Comercial Mexicana increasing sales for more than un $1.5 millions dollar• Generated savings for $640k USD (10%) annually, after demonstrating the feasibility to change warehouses and consolidating the corporate offices • Generated savings for $400k USD (6%) on the cost centers under my supervision (administration, planning, customer services and HR)• Implemented follow-up-on processes and reports more efficiently
Jun 2000 - May 2008
Sales Chain Director
Commercial Director for Chain StoresDecember 2004 to May 2008
Responsible for chain stores' sales channel. (WalMart, Comercial Mexicana, Chedraui, HEB, Casa Ley, Elektra ), Home Centers( Home Depot, Lowes), Price Clubs(SAMS, COSTCO y CityClub) and the automotive division(Toyota and Honda de México)
- Continuous increase in number of SKU's sold to stores and promotional programs for WalMart, Comercial Mexicana, Chedraui and Home Depot, obtaining double digit growth annually (Average of 24% real growth per year, over the last 3 years, reaching annual sales of $40 million USD.
- 97% delivery service level, based on weekly delivery cycles.
- Contract with Toyota México for $7.5 million USD for HONDA (50 thousand tool kits).
- Recognized as best supplier of the year in HEB
Sales Director for the Metropolitan area (Mexico City and surrounding areas)July 2003 to December 2004
Responsible for 4 managers, 30 sales reps, 8 sales trainees and 2 customer service people. Serving more than 400 clients between wholesalers and small stores.
- Increased regional sales by more than $24 million USD in 4 years, moving from annual sales of $16 million USD to $40 million USD, an increase in sales of more than 25% in real terms and making this region the #1 in the company.
- Healthy accounts receivables (less than 38 days)
- Trained and developed the sales force, sales agents and managers which resulted in reducing rotation of
- sales personnel.
- Designed integral client service plans that included collection planning, inventory counts/control at store level, product presentation (on shelves), exhibitors for the stores, sales training for client sales personnel, product rotation analysis, and sales reps routes for customers clients.
January 2001 to July 2003
Retail Hardware Store Manager:
June 6 2000 to December 2000
Jan 1999 - Jun 2000
- Responsible for the evaluation, design and sales of technological solutions focused on the Internet usage and Geo marketing.
- Developed both, financial and commercial plans.
- Consulting and analysis related to financial feasibility and business opportunity.
- Development and sale of business plan
• Business plan development for MVS and Adrian Vargas, Citaris• Development of the strategic plan based on Geo marketing for Iusacell
May 1998 - Apr 1999
- In charge of elaborating, reviewing and distributing budgets and cash flows on a monthly basis to the local (Televisa) and foreign partners (Skytel Corp)
- Evaluation of internal savings projects.
- Development and implementation of processes focused on automating financial and accounting information.
- Development and installation of the companies' budgeting system.
- Responsible for the elaboration and delivery of the financial information required during the due diligence process.
- Evaluation and presentation to COFETEL of the 2-vías project.
- Development of product costing system (companywide)
Jun 1992 - Feb 1996
Financial Project Manager
- Responsible for financial feasibility studies of the companies projects.
- Responsible for presenting projects and bids to the soliciting country. (Chile, Ecuador, Perú, Colombia, Costa Rica, Panamá y Venezuela), Project represented more than 2 billion USD.
- As financial ‘planning manager, I was in charge of evaluating more than 60 billion USD of projects and developed financial models, budgets, forecasts and cash flows
- Developed strategies related to bank Financing and bonds.
- 2 public offerings for more than 1 billion USD.
- Winning more than 5 international bids, valued at 500 million USD.
Mar 1990 - Jul 1992
Financial Engineering Executive
Banco del atlantico
Responsible for the financial evaluation of projects, special corporate finance, design and restructuring of debt, emission and follow up on bank bonds and stock market instruments.
Main achievement: First place as corporate executive, contributing more than 4 million USD in net commissions for the bank.