JULIAN FAMILY FIDDLE CAMP
Producer / Director
Visionary and driving force behind start-up, acoustic music camp for children and adults. Lead strategic planning, management and implementation of all business initiatives including fundraising, marketing, finance, administration (including IT), and human resources (volunteer and paid staff). Provide operational structure, marketing initiatives and evaluations, and full execution/management of a multifaceted educational and performing arts event requiring great attention to detail, courtship and nurturing of individual, community and corporate relationships, and meeting interests/needs of hundreds of participants.
- Raised start-up/seed money and early operational funds through developing a large and diverse network of supporters. Venue identification and acquisition, negotiation of performance and service contracts with acclaimed artists and teaching staff, execution of entire production within budget, including soliciting applications for - and distribution of - scholarships for worthy youth and senior applicants. Credited with creating first-of-kind senior-scholarship program.
- Creates, coordinates and implements advertising campaigns through traditional outlets, i.e., flyers, posters and direct mail, as well as emerging social media and buzz marketing (word-of-mouth within niche markets). Wrote, developed and maintain website (www.familyfiddlecamp.com), and conceptualized and co-produced acclaimed promotional video. Engaged over 250 participants in first three years of camp's existence.
- Produced standing-room-only benefit concerts in North San Diego County, raising profile of the music camp in Julian, and serving to fund both senior and youth scholarships.
- Music camp's early success gained attention and won support of Wells Fargo Bank, Rabo Bank, Advisors Asset Management, Julian Merchants Association, Julian Chamber of Commerce, San Diego Bluegrass Society, North County Bluegrass and Folk Club, San Diego Folk Heritage, California, Montana and Nevada State Old Time Fiddlers Associations, and the National Old Time Fiddlers Association.
- Became a fiscally-sponsored project of Fractured Atlas, a national non-profit arts-service organization.