Successful marketing professional with M.S. degree in Marketing seeking a Marketing Manager or Director position that utilizes my communications and meeting planning skills to make a positive contribution to the organization
I enjoy physical activities including softball, running, pilates and strength training. I have been volunteering my time for over 10 years to give back to the community. You can find me visiting DC's monuments, memorials and museums in my free time and enjoying cultural events and activities.
Experienced marketing professional with extensive hands-on experience in event planning, advertising, public relations, and customer service; unique combination of project management, administration, organizational, analytical, communication, interpersonal, and motivational abilities; astute at recognizing areas in need of improvement, with the vision to develop action steps and see them through to a prompt and successful completion.
ACHIEVEMENTS:Served for seven years on the executve board for the American Marketing Association. Served as Secretary, Vice President for Collegiate Relations committee, Director of Monthly Programs and Vice President of Programming. I received 'Volunteer of the Year' for my time and dedication.
May 2005 - Apr 2009
- Managed marketing and promotional activities for the hotel.
- Developed, managed, executed adn analyzed annual and ongoing strategic communication plans and prepared the annual expenditure budget for all marketing and promotional activities.
- Planned, implemented and managed the hotel's local advertising plan including creation and negotiating rates.
- Developed and prepared new brochures and flyers while maintaining brand image.
- Implemented and managed e-marketing initiatives while inceasing the reach by 200%.
- Launched and managed the current gift card program where we exceeded our first year goal of $500,000 in sales.
- Managed the hotel's website while updating copy, photos and packages and monitoring competitor's sites.
- Created special packages and promotions while analyzing ROI per package.
Mar 2004 - Apr 2005
- Developed marketing plans for nonprofits to reach their fundraising goals
- Worked with list buyers to determine past giving behavior and forecast potential giving patterns
- Analyzed results and presented findings from each campaign for senior management review.
Mar 2001 - Mar 2004
- Managed the acquisition direct marketing program which included: project management analysis including pre-testing, sampling, tabulation and analysis, program management including overseeing all phases of acquisition campaign coordination as well as package/script creation, list/file selection and thematic research.
- Oversaw budgets and maintained expenses for a yearly $2.7 million dollar acquisition campaign.
- Managed all phases of telemarketing program which included script creation, segmentation file pulls, expenses and campaign analysis.
- Maintained owenership of compiled list results to ensure accurate data to termeine which segements were more reluctant to give.
- Managed and provided research assistance for marketing research projects including online survey work, designing questionnaires and preparing reports.
- Supervised a campaign assistant and provided continuous personnel development.
- Aided in the hiring of a department manager.
Aug 1999 - Oct 2000
Condor Technology Solutions
- Responsible for media buying for 18 Air Force Reserve locations for recruitment advertising.
- Coordinated with media planners to utilize multiple means of maximizing the delivery of prospects.
- Negotiated with media representatives including print, radio, television adn billboard for best reate feasiblity.
- Maanaged a project that surveyed college students measuring their Internet usage and summarized results for management analysis.
- Conducted a population studies in relation to major newspapers in the area, cost-per-thousand analysis and geographic studies; provided recommendations for future advertising spending.
Jan 1997 - Aug 2000
International Customer Service Representative
- I served as the primary contact and account manager for 150 comic retailers located in Western Europe, responding to inquiries with attention to detail and efficiency.
- Assessed needs, advised clients on product selection and secured orders.
- Tracked orders to ensure timely delivery, resolved problems and followed up with customers to ensure satisfaction.