Senior Director of Corporate Communications
I direct Appirio's global corporate communications efforts, including public and media relations, executive communications, analyst relations, investor relations, and internal communications, working in partnership with our in-house marketing team, customers, and channel partners including Google, Salesforce, and Amazon. I oversee a public relations manager, analyst relations manager, internal communications manager, U.S. U.K, and Japan PR agencies of record, and international contract employees.
- Led the communications strategy for Appirio’s half billion-dollar acquisition by Wipro, from pre-announcement planning through the current integration process.
- Established the first internal communications framework, including re-tooling the biweekly all company meeting, revamping the global annual company kickoff meeting, and creating new communication channels.
- Lead a large, global team, including three global agencies, and separate analyst relations, public relations, social media, and internal communications teams.
- Worked with the marketing departments of channels, alliances, and partners, including Salesforce and Google, to pursue joint goals.
- Created the company’s first comprehensive global corporate communications plan, encompassing public relations, investor relations, analyst relations, and internal communications – and those respective teams.
- Increased Appirio media coverage by 28% and executive byline placement by 117% – while my departmental budget was simultaneously slashed by two-thirds.
- Led a global RFP process to select new PR agencies of record for North America, Europe, and Japan.
- Developed an executive leadership social media framework, moving our C-suite from social media bystanders to thought leaders.
- Work closely with CEO, COO, CIO, CHRO and Board
- Developed and executed two proprietary research reports for use in external communications