A Culture and Creative Enterprise postgraduate with art gallery and service sector experience seeking a position in arts and culture sector.
- Communication – experienced in delivering gallery tours and inductions
- Team player — worked with others to organise art events as part of Softbox Photography Collective
- Leadership skills — managed a group of 6 staff members during the delivery process at Decathlon
- Organisation – developed an exhibition concept and produced a photography show for the Official Opening of Edinburgh Centre for Carbon Innovation new building.
- Administration – experienced in filing, updating records, working with database, managing bookings
- IT Proficiency and Social Media – PC/Mac, Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite, Lightroom, Blurb, Constant Contact, Wix, Tumblr. Developed a social media strategy for Stills Gallery.
- Photography skills – wide professional knowledge of digital and analogue photo cameras, scanners, printers, photographic studio equipment, digital, analogue lab and postproduction
- Languages – Fluent in English and Latvian; Semi-fluent in Estonian (level B 2.1); Intermediate in Russian; Basic knowledge of French (level A 1.2).
Sep 2013 - Aug 2014
M.A in Culture and Creative Enterprise
Queen Margaret University
- Strategic management, fundraising and development for Arts Organisations
- Marketing cultural organisations and festivals
- Accounting and finance
- Social research methods
- Business planning
Achievements: Solo Exhibition 'Beyond Boundaries: Portraying Cross-Cultural Couples', Tent Gallery
Sep 2010 - Jun 2013
University of Edinburgh
- 1st Class Degree
- Selected for the Andrew Grant Bequest Scholarship
- Co-founder of Softbox Photography Collective; organised exhibitions in Edinburgh and London
Apr 2014 - Jun 2014
Gallery Assistant (Facilities & Education)
- Reception duties, costumer enquiries(in person and by phone), inputting data and making bookings.
- Assisting and supporting artists and users of the facilities, and providing technical advice
- Preparing the darkroom and digital lab resource for users arrival, supporting the maintenance of technical facilities and procedures for the equipment for hire service.
- Supporting the Engagement Producer with production of in-house learning materials.
- Assistance with preparation for education projects and courses.
- Developing a Social Media Strategy by implementing The Digital Engagement Framework.
- Maintaining Social Media Accounts, providing a vibrant and engaging content.
Feb 2014 - Jun 2014
Creative and Marketing Intern
- Pop Up! Contributed ideas to organisation's future programme development, and event production
- Researched for funding opportunities and developed a database of funders
- Prepared an effective and tailored funding application and sponsorship pack for art events
- Gained an understanding of the creative and culture sector and insight into marketing strategies
Aug 2013 - Oct 2013
Talbot Rice Gallery
- Assistant/Invigilator Receptionist duties: email and phone enquires, event and talk bookings
- Exhibition administration and audience data collection
- Sales of present and past posters and catalogues
- Assisted in delivery and photographed LEAPS Workshop
May 2012 - Oct 2013
Produced a Photography Project and exhibition for the internationally recognised project of High School Yards transformation. Role included: Arranging photo shoots and producing a body of work. Organising, framing and printing art works to ensure high quality and ready for the opening event in October 2013.
Oct 2011 - Sep 2013
- Giving advice to customers, dealing with customer refunds and complaints
- Stock control and management
- Processing cash and card payments, reporting discrepancies to the manager
- Managed a group of 6 staff as a delivery manager, responsible for administration and safety
- Worked as a team leader, responsible for overseeing department’s layout for new season
- 14th Moët-Hennesy – Louis Vuitton Young Artists Award 2007, which provided the opportunity to study one semester French and Fine Arts at Beaux-Arts de Paris l’école Nationale Supérieure
- Cooperating with and have a photo published in LVMH Eye Fashion Magazine in 2008
- Participation in 'The Vicinity of Narrative: People and Spaces' led by American artist Todd Hido, International Summer School of Photography. Artwork exhibited at the ISSP 2013 Final Exhibition.