Mergers and Acquisitions and Corporate Development professional with demonstrated skills in financial modeling. Solid foundation in accounting and finance, with strong comprehension of current global economic and business drivers. Known for asymmetrical thinking and a can-do approach. Business savvy enhanced by extensive international business experience and first-hand knowledge of other cultures and customs. Strategic thinker. Multi-lingual.
Sep 2007 - Apr 2009
Sr. Corporate Development Analyst
- Conducted valuation of all acquisition targets and financial modeling of the company’s strategic development alternatives in international and domestic markets.
- Assembled and managed due diligence teams.
- Assessed strategic fit of potential acquisition targets and strategic partnerships; estimated acquisition synergies and determined the acquisition walk-away price.
- Developed financial models for valuation of new product launch in Europe and multi-billion dollar international tenders; introduced Monte Carlo simulation techniques.
- Managed multiple projects and worked in teams across different departments and countries; presented the results of the analysis to the Board of Directors.
Apr 2006 - Sep 2007
- Built valuation models and prepared valuation reports for tax, gifting, litigation, and acquisition purposes.
- Developed financial models for ESOP feasibility studies and analyzed financing structure alternatives for ESOP transactions.
- Prepared pitch books and provided analytical support at all stages of the transaction process for assigned IB advisory clients, including screening potential buyers (both strategic and financial).
May 2005 - Mar 2006
Financial Business Analyst (contract)
- Reviewed monthly financial reports, prepared statement of cash flow, analyzed profitabilty by division.
- Analyzed the company's potential need for additional debt; monitored the company's compliance with existing debt covenants; negotiated new credit lines with banks.
- Negotiated payment schedules for overdue invoices with major clients; created and managed in-house collections efforts.
Jun 2002 - Oct 2003
Assistant to Manager, Commercial Coverage
- Researched oil and gas, petrochemical, transportation, and banking industries in the region.
- Participated in client presentations, preparation and negotiation of Project Finance deals in Azerbaijan.
Jun 2001 - Apr 2002
Strategic Analysis Associate, East. Europe and Russia (internship)
- Prepared and presented to the CEO a business development strategy for Europe and former Soviet Union.
- Assessed economic impact on local community of selected feasibility studies.
Jan 1999 - Aug 2000
Assistant to Representative
- Established contacts with local stakeholders; researched economic trends and investment opportunities in the region: oil and gas, petrochemical industry, transport.
2008 - Present
Executive Scholars Certificate
- Creating and Managing Strategic Alliances; Kellogg School of Management Executive Program, August 2008.
- Merger Week: Creating Value Through Strategic Acquisitions and Alliances; Kellogg School of Management Executive Program, April 2008.
Aug 2000 - May 2002
GPA: 3.95 out of 4.0
The key coursework: Mergers and Acquisitions, Investment Management, Fixed Income, Options in Finance, Global Emerging Markets, Global Financial Markets, International Finance, Advanced International Finance, and International Management.
2000 Muskie Fellow
Beta Gamma Sigma (2002)
Award for Academic Excellence (2002)
1992 - 1997
GPA: 5.0 out of 5.0