IT Computer\NOC Operator
- Monitored and diagnosed all open\distributed systems and networks alerts for all local and global users. Corrected all hardware failures in server farm by replacing components that were flagged as degraded or faulty.
- Wintel\Unix servers: racked, installed components, cabled (Ethernet\fiber), labeled, and located switch connections to Server Engineer Groups specifications.
- Provided end user support by updating and maintaining computer\application access using P-Sync that allowed the capability to unlock and reset password to users.
- Responsible for creating all ServiceDesk incident\request tickets during after hours.
- Assisted in monitoring\troubleshooting Autosys\SAP job failures, consulted with technical staff when the cause is not apparent.
- Monitored scheduled NetBackups, made sure that all backups completed with acceptable status codes. Investigated\corrected\restarted all backups completing with unacceptable status codes. As well, maintained the tape library and the automated DLT media silos.
- Maintained event records and logs, including problem documentation, actions taken, file identification and audit data. Assure that all reports are delivered in an accurate and timely manner.
- Created and maintained audit reports, procedure manuals, and data center hardware inventory\asset management.
Environments: Unix, Wintel, Window 2003, Solaris, VMware, Oracle, Access, HP Insight Manager, CA-Autosys, SAP, EMC Storage, and DLT media stored in StorageTek L1400 libraries, NetBackup(Veritas) File Maintenance.