- Playing with my kids
- Diverse background in accounting, hospitality, retail sales and business management.
- Highly skilled at providing excellent customer service, customer retention and employee relations.
- Committed to finding solutions to problems, improving efficiency and increasing sales.
- Strong ability to work as a team player.
- Excellent analytical, computer and reporting skills.
- Skilled in developing business relationships at all levels.
- Ability to learn, understand, and improve new processes, software and job duties quickly.
Jan 2001 - Present
- Certified Bikram Yoga Instructor - earned Certification from Bikram Yoga College of India in June 2001.
- Certified Kids Yoga Instructor - YogaFit certification 2005
- Certified Pregnancy & baby yoga Instructor - Certified 2005
- Actively teaching Bikram Yoga since 2001 at various studios in Portland and Hood River, OR from 2001 - present.
Dec 2010 - Apr 2011
- Responsible for maintaining custody of company's liquid cash and assets.
- Audit cashiers daily sales reports and banks.
- Interact with employees on a daily basis to provide product, change, banks and reports.
- Provide daily reports to manager and directors.
- Assist supervisors and managers in understanding discrepencies between cash deposits and sales.
- Revise and implement new procedures for auditing company's sales and accounting data.
- Investigate potential cases of fraud within the company and recommend ways to prevent further occurences.
- Write procedures for processes related to auditing, cash reconciling, product issue, and reporting.
- Work closely with the audit/vault team on a daily basis as well as interact with employees, supervisors, managers and directors.
Jun 2009 - Jul 2010
Shipping Manager/Sales associate
- Responsible for retail & website order fulfillment and shipping.
- Retail wine sales/wine club sign-ups in tasting room.
- Worked extensively to manage wine club shipping.
- Designed packaging for retail product display, as well as gift box packaging for shipments.
- Worked with vendors in all facets of the shipping process.
- Provided customer service for website, phone and tasting room orders.
- Implemented changes to improve efficiency and overall appearance of tasting room including new POS system.
- Interact with customers to provide a fun and informative wine tasting.
- Meet sales goals for bottles sales and wine club sign ups.
- Provide inventory of products on hand to general manager.
- Attend staff education, training and meetings.
- Assist with company events, promotions, and large group wine tastings.
2008 - 2009
- Server in high volume, fast-paced restaurant and lounge in prominent Hood River Hotel.
- Duties included staying informed of the current menu and offer customers food and wine pairing suggestions.
- Operate POS system.
- Assist bartender with drink menu and prep work.
- Perform side work during each shift.
- Balance all cash and settle all credit card sales and make cash deposit at end of each shift.
- Assist with special groups, banquets, bartending, and room set-up when needed.
1996 - 2000
By the Bunch Flowers
Managed all aspects of retail flower store including:
- hiring, training & supervising staff;
- marketing and advertising;
- customer service;
- purchasing and merchandising of inventory;
- retail, corporate, and special event floral design;
1992 - 1996
Environmental Compliance Manager
Responsible for ensuring the compliance with state and federal environmental regulations:
- SARA Title III compliance reporting
- Designed and implemented Stormwater Protection Plan
- Hazardous Waste Compliance Reporting
- Implemented comprehensive MSDS database
Worked closely with management to ensure compliance with environmental regulations in large manufacturing company.
Responsible for reporting to state and federal environmental agencies.
Developed methods for reducing hazardous waste emissions through reduction in hazardous chemical usage.
Coordinated with outside vendors and consultants to implement various environmental programs within the company.
Served as liason between the company and local environmental authorities.