Aug 2003 - May 2007
Aug 1999 - Jun 2003
Loudoun Valley High School
Administration & Office Management
Tutoring & Teaching
Aug 2011 - Present
- Designing website and creating marketing materials for new company.
- Advertising new organization through social networking sites, craigslist and online publications.
Feb 2010 - Aug 2011
- Managed five part-time employees and cultivated client relations with families and students.
- Diagnosed learners' needs and developed individualized curriculum plans for students.
- Designed marketing and promotional materials for company. Sold company to new director when moved to Virginia.
- Networked with small business and community professionals.
- Managed budget and bookkeeping, registered clients, hired and trained tutors, coordinated schedules of employees and clients.
- Developed and implemented business plan and infrastructure for new entrepreneurial organization.
May 2010 - Jul 2011
- Lead daily instructional framework sessions which train new teachers (Fellows).
- Facilitate training meetings, edit presentations and present curriculum changes to team of Fellow Advisors.
- Communicate information to Fellows about high-needs schools and district policies.
- Facilitate developmental workshops, model best teaching practices and provide developmental feedback through one-on-one meetings, written evaluations and benchmark assessments to Fellows based on in-class observations and written work products.
- Evaluate TTF applicants; select applicants that meet the model, summarize applicants' strengths and weaknesses.
- Lead webinars and conference calls to prepare participants to take the bilingual generalist exam.
Aug 2008 - Jun 2011
Bilingual Teacher, Oak Meadows Elementary
- Taught academic and social skills to first-generation American, bilingual, at-risk, low-income, high-needs elementary students.
- Prepared lesson plans.
- Designed, administered and corrected tests.
- Tracked data and academic records.
- Translated school documents.
- Member of Elementary Campus Advisory Board and Academic Improvement Leadership Team.
- Served on principal nominated team with superintendent to discuss district policies and campus improvement plan.
- Voluntarily organized Saturday School on campus. Led afterschool intervention tutoring sessions.
Aug 2007 - Apr 2008
GED Instructor & Curriculum Development
- Taught full-time math & science classes to high school dropouts.
- Case manager for a group of students.
- Translated and interpreted (Spanish/English) classes, programs, meetings for staff & students.
- Mentored group of African American and Hispanic American at-risk youth.
- Developed school science curriculum meeting District of Columbia's public charter school requirements.
Aug 2005 - May 2007
Community Scholars Liaison
- Designed, developed, coordinated and implemented the Community Scholars House program, in cooperation with Professor Monica Griffin of the Sharpe Program.
- Directed upper-classmen student groups in self-designed service-learning projects in on-campus community housing.
- Created program model and solicited funding from the Charles Center of the College.
Aug 2006 - May 2007
Mellon Teaching Fellow
Hispanic Studies Department, College of William & Mary
- Served as teaching assistant to fellow college students in Medical Interpretation and Translation class.
- Assisted teacher with research and preparation of materials for students.
- Compiled resource to network non-profits and translated information for Spanish-speakers in the community.
Aug 2004 - May 2007
- Led, taught and mentored groups of fifteen freshmen during their service-learning projects.
- Instructed local community members in ESL classes.
- Designed ESL curriculum for learners and instructors.
- Coordinated projects with local community members to assist freshmen students in designing their class projects.
Aug 2005 - Dec 2006
Office Assistant & Technician
- Verified insurance records.
- Filed medical records using MYSIS system.
- Assisted in office coordination and patient billing.
- Assisted therapists, monitored patients’ activities and exercise.
Aug 2004 - Dec 2006
College of William & Mary
- Prepared campus buildings and rooms for presentations and meetings.
- Supervised building opening and closing.
- Scheduled campus events in University Center and Campus Center.
- Troubleshot technical issues during presentations and meetings on campus.
- Organized a/v work closet and inventoried equipment.