Eating Disorders, Nutrition and Cardiovascular Disease, Weight Management
Erin Enriquez, BS in Human Biology from UCSD and currently obtaining her MS in Nutritional Sciences from University of Washington aspires to be a clinical dietician and researcher. She is also currently enrolled in the DPD Distance learning program through the University of Alabama.
Jan 2011 - Sep 2011
Undergraduate Teaching Assistant
UC San Diego
- Worked as a teaching assistant for 3 classes during my undergrad at UCSD which included one upper-division biochemistry nutrition class, one lower-division general nutrition class, and one lower-division general biology class
- Attended lectures, organized, lead, and designed a weekly section, formatted original weekly handouts, graded exams, and held review sessions
- Spoke as a guest lecture for one of the classes
Jul 2010 - Sep 2011
- Watched three boys 4, 7, and 9, twice a week
- Assisted with homework, made dinner, and played games
Apr 2008 - Jun 2011
UCSD Student Health Advocates
- As an undergrad at UCSD I was a part of the Student Health Advocates Organization (SHA), which was responsible for organizing health events and outreaches around campus, clinic hours, body composition and fitness assessments of the student population.
- As a Liasion my first year, I attended RA meetings and promoted upcoming events and services
- Second year, as the Fitstop coordinator I oversaw the fitness and wellness assessments ran smoothly each week at the gym and all of the volunteers were adequately trained to perform their duties, including using the body calibers to measure body fat percentage.
- As President my final year, I oversaw the entire organization.This consisted of running weekly officer meetings, planning and implementing community involvement within the program, budgeting and administrative work for events, and organizing the various events and members to make sure our organization ran smoothly.
May 2010 - Dec 2010
- Collected data in a clinical research study with Dr. Prasad in Interventional Cardiology at the Hillcrest Hospital in San Diego, CA.
- Worked with patients in the clinic, performed ABI blood pressures, conducted health questionnaires, and examined their previous health conditions in order to look at the relationship between cardiovascular disease and peripheral arterial disease.
Jun 2009 - Sep 2009
Volunteer Research Assistant
UCSD Pace Program
- Involved in a health study of children ages 11-15 and their use of “exergames.”
- Called and conducted surveys with children, input of data, researched and reviewed other helpful studies via PubMed
Jan 2009 - Jun 2009
UCSD Saier Lab
- Worked in a bioinformatics lab, comparing various protein toxins to look for homology.
- Used computer programs including IC, Gap, NCBI, and TCDB databases in order to carry out the work