Supervisor - Facilities Engineering
Enbridge Pipelines Inc
Managed portfolio of projects and ensured timely execution within scope and budget. Project management was successfully executed through the use of experience and training in engineering and management:
- Recruitment, training and supervision of project personnel.
- Coordinated across departments to manage day-to-day workflow: cost estimation and preparation of AFEs, ERs, project schedule, workforce allocation, contracts, building permits, geotechnical surveys, environmental permits, outage plan, commissioning plan, engineering and constructability reviews, turnover OAC (Operations Acceptance Criteria) and monthly project report.
- Managed and motivated engineering team consisting of Mechanical, Civil, Electrical and Instrumentation Engineers in assuring approved Scope, Execution process, Schedule updates, Gating/ Compliance deliverables, Cost estimates, Project quality and Risk control.
- Managed EPCM consultants’ activities for FEED and Detailed engineering deliverables for assigned scope including material and equipment specifications, datasheets and drawings (P&ID's, PFD's, etc.) for CWPs.
- Monitored procurement and contracting/ construction strategies to optimize synergies with other ongoing Engineering and operations maintenance projects.
- Provided direction/input in the tender, analysis and award of engineering and construction contracts.
- Monitored project activities: cost and schedule within assigned area; provided updates to management.
- Ensured company’s environmental and safety standards including local regulations were consistently applied as part of pipeline facilities design.
Typical Projects managed:
- Line 9B Expansion and Reversal - involving reversal of product flow through 30" pipeline from Sarnia, Ontario to Montreal, Quebec and increase in crude oil production capacity using additional mainline pumps and Drag Reducing Agent (DRA).
- Line 7 Expansion - involving increase in crude oil flow through 30" pipeline using DRA.
- Intelligent Valve Program (IVP) - involving installation of 30" Emergency Flow Restriction Device (ERFD) valves protecting High Consequence Areas (HCAs) in the event of leaks.
- Phases 1E and 1F Expansion - involving terminal and pumping station expansion for Cenovus Energy at Sunday Creek, Alberta, Canada.