“Connecting Information Technology with Business Strategy.”Senior technology leader with strong leadership, business and communications skills. Proven track record of understanding business priorities and aligning Information Technology projects and resources with business strategy. Strong project management and project delivery skills. Strengths in building interpersonal relationships across all levels of business and in communicating technical topics to senior management. Decisive and action oriented professional who has a demonstrated track record of transforming under-performing IT departments into high performance teams that directly contribute to business success. Skills include: • Leadership and team building. • Project management and project delivery.• Driving a customer service focus. • Staff coaching and development. • Budget management and cost reduction. • Strong SOX and IT governance experience
Mar 2008 - Dec 2008
Vice President, Information Technology
Vice President, Information TechnologyIT Budget: $5m, Staff: 29
Directed all aspects of Information Technology management, including strategy development, business alignment, infrastructure management and applications development.
• Faced with an underperforming Information Technology Team, dramatically improved productivity, customer service and engagement by aligning IT efforts with the business strategy and establishing a culture of teamwork and customer service.
• Reduced annual IT spend by ~ $1m through proactive expense management.
• Delivered two major projects that had been floundering for over 15 months by diagnosing issues with Six Sigma tools, providing appropriate support, tools and funding, and managing project team membership.
Jun 2001 - Mar 2008
Director of Information Technology
Electrolux Home Care Products, NA
Director, Information Technology IT budget: $3m, Staff: 24
Led entire Information Technology function, including strategy development and implementation, applications development, web development, ERP systems support and infrastructure. Responsible for Sarbanes-Oxley compliance for both Information Technology and Business governance.
• Created and implemented a 3-year IT strategy aligning Information Technology effort with business strategy.
• Stabilized departmental performance by implementing IT governance processes based on the COBIT model resulting in significant improvements in availability, reliability and on-time project deliveries.
• Built an exceptionally capable application portfolio of diverse but integrated applications to support the business model.
• Reacted to changing business conditions by implementing appropriate software solutions.
• Fostered environment of teamwork by example and coaching.
• Created portfolio management process to identify and prioritize business strategy aligned project requests focusing Information Technology resources on the highest business value projects.
• Developed relationships throughout the global and divisional organizations within Electrolux, ensuring a strong connection to each business function and a good understanding of business priorities and needs.
• Led global cross-functional project team which successfully launched www.electroluxusa.com website.
• Met departmental budget projections 7 years running through fiscally conservative management.
• Faced with the challenge of becoming Sarbanes-Oxley compliant, led the Information Technology SOX implementation team through a successful controls implementation, becoming the only Electrolux data center to achieve 100% audit compliance in 2006 and 2007.
• Ensured SOX compliance for both the business and information technology. Achieved 100% audit compliance in 2006 and 2007.
1998 - 2000
Manager, Information Technology
Manager, Information TechnologyDirected all aspects of Information Systems Management for 7 locations and corporate office. Served as lead technical member of ERP implementation team.
• Provided cost effective and flexible information technology solutions by closely managing resources and departmental priorities in a constantly changing business structure that included several acquisitions and plant closures.
1993 - 1997
Director of Information Technology
Director, Information TechnologyDirected all aspects of Information Technology Management for two plants and corporate office.
• Worked with the Quality Manager to design and implement a customized computer-based SPC system that reduced scrap rates by over 50%.
• Driven by our inability to provide accurate ATP / CTP dates to our customers, responded by implementing a full ERP system in the Sterling Steel Ball plant which greatly improved our customer promise date accuracy, significantly reduced work-in-process inventory and improved plant throughput.
1992 - 1993
Manager, Financial Applications Development
Manager, Financial Systems ApplicationsResponsible for financial systems applications development and support.
• Hired to bridge the political gap that had developed between Information Technology and Finance, successfully rebuilt the relationship through diplomacy, relationship building, making and keeping commitments and focusing on customer service.
A.A.S., Liberal Arts
Aug 2000 - Jun 2001
Masters of Science, Communications
The "best" of Northwestern. This is a niche graduate program for Information Technology Managers focused on Change Management, Technology Management, Financial & Economic Management, Business Communications, Innovation and Business/Technology Strategy Alignment. Faculty from Northwestern's School of Communications, Kellogg, Medill and McCormick.