My OBJECTIVE: To work as Kiva's San Jose Lead. I look forward to being in a pivotal role in order to help set the strategic direction for the Kiva program in San Jose. As a 'people person', I excel at paying attention to detail, effective communication and superior relationship building. I know how important it is to project a deep commitment for the cause for which I am working and Kiva's mission to alleviate poverty worldwide through micro finance matters to me deeply. The US Program to provide direct loans to entrepreneurs locally has been a fantastic compliment to Kiva's core mission. Helping identify and manage relationships with partner organizations in San Jose, engaging and identifying borrowers, trustees, lenders and volunteers in this pursuit would be an honor and a privilege.
I have recently completed a Kiva Internship with the Review and Translation Program. This internship lasted seven months and ended the 3rd of August, 2016.
Sitting with a terminally ill child in hospice care, teaching a ESL middle school child how to read for understanding, teaching the village doctor in Africa how to type reports on a computer by flashlight at night, managing large sums of insurance monies and creating a database to dispense the monies to thousands of individual plaintiffs; these are some of the jobs that I have had the privilege to do. There is nothing that I won't do to try to make a difference. I wish to put my many skills to work for an organization and improve their donor base to change the community for the better.
SPECIFIC FUND RAISING EXPERIENCE:
1. I personally went to multiple local companies to ask for donations for York School Scholarship Program. I personally brought in approximately $40,000 of donor money.
2. I was active on the Fundraising Committee for York School's Annual Gala, finding sponsors, providing time, organization skills and relationship development, ultimately meeting our goal of over $100,000 donations annually to provided tuition scholarships to underserved minority students.
3. I hosted a fundraiser at my home for York School’s Annual Giving Campaign which resulted in approximately $85,000 in donations.
4. I served two years on Los Gatos Elementary Education Foundation (LGEEF) Board of Directors for the foundation’s first two years, benefiting local public schools by raising funds to make up for State cuts in funding. For example, we avoided teacher pink slips and art and music department cuts. We earned money to fill gaps. I served as Middle School representative to the Board.
5. I ran the Script Program at the elementary school attended by a young nephew who lived with us for a few years after his parent died. I coordinated the program, managed large amounts of parents’ money, placed orders through stores, picked up script and delivered it to homes of participating families. Did this every month for 3 years. Program proceeds went to school arts programs as well as classroom needs.
- Fifteen years experience in effective office administration, financial services, insurance, real estate and legal project organization, database administration, document archiving and conducting employee training.
- Strong communication and leadership skills. Coordinate, plan and manage multiple tasks in a flexible, well-organized, detail-oriented and team directed manner.
- PC skills using Microsoft Office Programs Windows, MS Word, Excel, and Powerpoint. Proficiency in use of Google Programs, including Google Docs, Slides, Presents, Mail, Calendar and Google Drive management. Mac-friendly. Skills and proficiency at database applications including Salesforce, Looker, Survey Monkey, MailChimp, Imgur and multiple design and photography programs.
University of San Diego and University of San Francisco (Business and Psychology) - 3 years. Completing degree in Organizational Behavior in 2017 through their evening program.