My skills include newsletter and annual report design; digital photography; digital editing; speech writing; writing web content; designing web graphics; billboard design; proofreading; copywriting; invitation design; marketing; column writing; and page layout.
To provide freelance creative services, including writing, graphic design and photography.
- First Place, Sports Feature Story (Nondaily), Awards of Excellence 2008, Kansas Press Association
- Second Place, Sports Column Writing (Nondaily) Awards of Excellence 2008, Kansas Press Association
- Third Place, Sports Story (Nondaily), Awards of Excellence 2008, Kansas Press Association
- Second Place, Newsletter, Philly Awards Honoring Excellence in Nonprofit Communications, Non-Profit Connect
Feb 2008 - Present
· Directed, developed and produced editorial content for the organization’s newsletter and annual
· Managed and designed graphic content and contributed editorial pieces for the organization’s
Web site overhaul.
· Revised and edited funding proposals.
· Designed collateral materials for the organization’s programs and services.
Jul 2007 - Feb 2008
Wrote copy, cutlines and headlines for a weekly newspaper, while taking pictures, designing pages and managing editing responsibilities for the Sports section.
Sep 2006 - Jul 2007
Wrote copy, cutlines and headlines for the Linn County section of the paper. I proofed pages and took pictures, while adhering to a strict deadline.
The items represented in the section "Newspaper Pieces" are my photography and copywriting. I did not contribute to the design.
This is a mock up of a wine carrier designed to resemble a saddle bag.
I developed these car wrap graphics Computer Imaging II.
Personal stationery I developed for Computer Imaging II.
Magazine spread developed to echo feel of B-movie posters.
This poster was created in Digital Imaging II to ward off carnival goers.
This editorial piece was created in Digital Imaging II as part of an anti-technology assignment.
Design developed for Ad Age's Worldwide design competition.