While still fresh to the professional world, that has not inhibited me from enhancing my writing skills, developing new media products and being active in the forward progress of my magazine and company. I not only have the ability to research and formulate new ideas, but also lay a foundation for their development. I continue to work alongside my ideas, playing an active role in the process until they are a complete product, able to enhance both print and interactive media content. I am capable of managing multiple projects simultaneously and am always willing to take on more new and exciting projects while maintaining my daily workload successfully and efficiently. In the future, I hope to continue to produce new and exciting ideas to enhance and progress the online and print business media and publishing product.
My goal is to continue to challenge myself professionally as a writer and editor, persistently advancing my skills in both online and print publishing. The media industry is dynamic and constantly changing, and I hope to learn and change with it.
Jan 2007 - Present
- Write technical articles directed toward engineers and upper management professionals at mobile equipment manufacturers
- Edit and revise entire magazine, including design assistance
- Implemented social networks to enhance the magazine's interactive product offering
- Created print and interactive packaged content to drive traffic to website
- Worked directly with Interactive Marketing Director to establish new electronic newsletters, reformat the website, enhance current interactive products and create new online products
- Travel 25% both domestic and international
- Co-founded Editorial Roundtables to troubleshoot problems, brainstorm ideas for new content and work together to stay ahead of the media industry trends.
May 2006 - Nov 2006
- Wrote, edited, and revised extensive catalog copy
- Conducted product research
- Edited translated copy in Spanish, French, Portuguese, Italian, and German
- Wrote articles for company newsletter
I use InDesign CS3 (on PC) almost daily and have taught myself how to use many of the tools that are not typically necessary for an editor to know, so that I can help with formatting and design for the graphic artists.
I frequently (3-5 times per week) am uploaded current news items onto the website (www.oemoffhighway.com) where I must properly code the news item so it is formatted and reads appropriately when viewed by a reader.
I have conversational French skills which has allowed me to travel to Paris for a trade show and show proper etiquette in the native language, which is always appreciated. It also enables me to successfully navigate an unfamiliar area since I can pronounce words correctly, and ask questions.
I have traveled and lived in Spanish-speaking countries, as well as have conducted interviews in Spanish when the language barrier becomes a problem.