Kunal has extensive IT advisory experience in the field of business and IT strategy, management, and security. Over the course of his academic and professional experiences, he has learned and contributed to achieving optimal adaptive solutions tailored to the particular organization's business needs. He has developed abilities to granulate business issues and categorize them into major themes that facilitate effective solutions.
Traveling, Soccer, Tennis, Golf, Outdoor adventures, Music, Singing, Reading, Networking, Writing
Jun 2006 - Present
Senior IT Advisory Consultant
Ernst & Young
Currently working in Advisory Services serving clients in the areas of Information Security, Risk Advisory, Application Security Management, ERP, Organization Change Management, and Business Process Transformation.
- Advised clients in building comprehensive Identity & Access Management (IAM) system, SoD and IT Risk Management programs; from system design and strategy to infrastructure, policy & procedure, implementation and maintenance.
- Managed global teams in testing, remediating and mitigating enterprise-wide Segregation of Duties compliance issues while building over $2.5 million in sales over 1 year.
- Performed IT security and configuration reviews as part of internal audit delivering co-developed action plans and future state recommendations to chairman accounts.
- Designed comprehensive information technology internal controls testing for clients to evaluate ISO17799 and SOX 404 compliance.
- Worked with financial Audit group to complete SAS70 and year-end audit documentation of IT general controls and financial audit.
- Researched financial and IT compliance issues in order to establish firm- and industry-wide standards for information technology auditing.
- Participated in campus and experienced hire recruiting initiatives at Indiana University, and served as member in Proposals and Pursuits Process Team.
May 2005 - Aug 2005
Worked as part of the Information Management Leadership Program (IMLP) intern serving in the Siebel CRM implementation project as well as Quality Assurance testing using Six Sigma methodology.
- Designed and implemented test plans for a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system upgrade that increased system performance by 20%.
- Performed quality assurance testing using Six Sigma methodologies for the launch of CRM upgrade affecting 500 users in the Commercial & Industrial Sales team.
- Trained and led fellow interns to monitor and process sales proposals for input into the CRM system.
- Managed load testing project as well as created a comprehensive user guide for the upgraded CRM system.
May 2004 - Aug 2004
Assisted as a technical analyst on IT project management and data center benchmarking.
- Managed and coordinated server migration/retirement Project Management Office (PMO) for approximately 300 servers.
- Designed an automated user portal for support documentation check-in and check-out.
May 2003 - Aug 2003
Developed inter-departmental databases based on information gathering from cross-divisional resources.
- Designed and developed two inter-departmental databases.
- Incorporated searching and reporting capabilities in the databases based on user requests.
Aug 2005 - May 2006
Indiana University Bloomington
- Recipient, IU Graduate School of Business Fellowship Grant
- Served as Graduate Teaching Assistant
- Group Leader, Young Entrepreneurs Association (YEA) business case competition
Aug 2001 - May 2005
Indiana University Bloomington
- Recipient, IU Honors College International Experience Grant
- Director, Alumni Affairs for Computer Information Systems club
- National Society of Collegiate Scholars (NSCS) Chapter Member and Dean's List Honoree
- Teaching Assistant, Computers in Technology (X201) and Computers in Business (K201)
- Member, IU Tennis club
Jun 2002 - Aug 2002
London School of Economics and Political Science
Summer study abroad program, Coursework: International Political Economy and Entrepreneurship