- Director of 40 bed acute mental health facility encompassing an additional 40 clients for intensive day treatment; managed a staff of 50 employees.
- Assistant Residential Director for 130 bed therapeutic community for dual and triple diagnosed women living with their children.
- Consultant and Project leader for the Center for Disease Control funded project on AIDS and African American working women.
- Marketing Director for a 28 bed-hospital based chemical dependency program.
- Co-leader of committee to draft new policies and procedures for that aligned with the corporate strategic business plan.
- Managed successful state and county site visit audits
- Developed policies and procedures for two different organizations
- Investigated consumer grievances with successful outcomes
- Successfully negotiated union disputes
- Managed a budget of 2.5 million
- Coordinated and directed guidelines for a housing program for substance abusing women and children
- Successfully marketed a 28 day hospital based chemical dependency program to businesses in the community
- Conducted chemical dependency training for corporations and small businesses
- Convened a national project to study African American working women and AIDS
- Interviewed, hired, coached, promoted and supervised a team of ten managers and one Clinical Director.
- Managed and supervised a staff of 50 multi-professional employees.
2003 - 2013
Manager / Co-Owner
- Manager and co-owner of a delivery company that worked with major grocery stores to deliver groceries, pharmacies and flowers to the senior population on the North Shore of Vancouver
- Aided seniors in personal grocery shopping,
- Assisted in the hiring, and training of new drivers for the company
- Maintained and created excellent working relationships with all levels of management with business contacts.
1997 - 2002
- Direct the administrative and clinical component for 40-bed acute mental health facility with an additional 40 consumers for intensive day treatment
- Asian Service Program for monolingual and bilingual Asian consumers
- Full service food service department and on-site facility management and a staff of 50 people
- Weekly meetings with union leaders to discuss any concerns
- Responsible for the oversight and management of a 2.5 million dollar budget
- Hiring and termination of staff, training of managers and staff in the principles of the Social Rehabilitation model of treatment and harm reduction
- Facilitate weekly managers meeting for ten managers; weekly supervision with administrative staff and Clinical Director.
- Prepare staff, facility and clients for various tours, and licensing site visits.
1994 - 1997
Prototypes Women's Center
- Responsible for the day-to-day operation of a 130 bed, therapeutic community for women and their children.
- Facilitator of clinical case conferences, staff meetings, site visits by major capital funders, state, county, and federal auditors for licensing.
- Agency court advocate in child placement cases.
- Organize day and overnight visits of children not living in the facility.
- Liaison between primary counsellor, client and client’s social worker while client lives in the program.
- Supervisor of ten residential counsellors. Court advocate for women to be placed at the facility.
- Project coordinator for Shelter- Plus Care Housing project in conjunction with the City of Pomona, manager of the Immediate Needs Transportation Program.
- Active member of City of Pomona Housing Authority, Appeals Court, Prototypes Community Advisory Board, and Clinical Quality and Assurance Team.
1992 - 1993
Coalition on AIDS
- Director of a special project on AIDS and African American working women.
- Convened a national working group of African American business women, women experts in HIV/AIDS and HIV positive women on the objectives of the project.
- Prepared and presented final report for the Leadership Coalition on outcomes and recommendations from the working group
1991 - 1992
New Beginnings/Doctors Hospital of Pinole
- Responsible for marketing the services of the Chemical Dependency Unit, both within Doctors Hospital and in the community at large.
- Covered a territory of Contra Costa County, and Alameda County, and parts of Solano County.
- Scheduled off site presentations and trainings for local business, Human Resource Directors of corporations, union groups and therapists.
- Arranged and facilitated a monthly networking breakfast for local therapists.
- Conducted employee trainings on substance abuse in the workplace.
- Served as the unit liaison on Doctors Hospital Public Relations Committee.
- Attended the monthly Society for Human Resource Managers luncheon meeting as the representative for New Beginnings.