Dustin Levick, BSN, RN
Dec 2014 - Present
Registered Nurse-Intensive Care Unit
University Medical Center Brackenridge
- Mixed medical, trauma, surgical, and neuro ICU RN duties as expected to include management of arterial and central venous catheters, invasive neurological devices including pressure monitoring and ventricular drains, vasopressor agents, sedatives, paralytics and analgesics in all patient populations. Trained to manage continuous renal replacement therapy.
- Recognized by peers and primary preceptor alike for quick adaptation to the ICU environment, having come from an ER background.
- Self driven learner, independently pursuing learning activities to further knowledge where deficits exist.
- Recognized by peers for contributing to team atmosphere by helping other nurses with their workload when possible.
Jun 2013 - Dec 2014
Registered Nurse-Emergency Department
Northwestern Medical Center
- ER RN duties as expected to include initial management of critically ill and injured patients.
- Responsible to transport critically ill patients as primary care provider from community hospital to tertiary care center by ground ambulance as no flight or critical care transport available locally.
- Actively sought out knowledge and mentoring when I recognized a knowledge deficit.
- Recognized by manager for consistently providing high quality, compassionate care to patients, regardless of patient psychosocial factors.
- Contribute to the team atmosphere by routinely offering to assist other nurses with their workload whenever possible.
- Recognized by clinical educator for always remaining up to date, or in advance of required education assignments.
- Continually assess and respond to the needs of patients under my direct care, providing accurate assessment of changing patient condition, intervening as necessary to prevent deterioration.
- Promoted from Emergency Department Technician as a new graduate RN due to recognized skill-set, knowledge base, professional comportment, and high level of compassionate and competent care demonstrated in previous role.
Sep 2013 - May 2014
Registered Nurse/Team Lead
Provant Health Solutions
- Responsible for leading traveling flu clinics, visiting many locations contracted for our services, including overseeing staff nurses at clinic
- Establish a rapport with the customer and oversee setup, operation, and cleanup of flu clinics while promoting the highest level of customer service as consistent with the values of Provant Health Solutions
- Ensure safe and effective administration of flu vaccine and monitor clients for adverse reactions, intervening as necessary
Apr 2012 - May 2014
Perinatal Surgical Technician
Southern New Hampshire Medical Center
- Functioned as a member of the surgical team, establishing and maintaining the sterile field, assisting surgeons intraoperatively, and ensuring adherence to hospital policies at all times
- Assess and appropriately respond to obstetrical emergencies, preparing for and assisting with emergency obstetric procedures, ensuring presence and function of emergency equipment, while anticipating the surgeon’s needs
- Promoted to Perinatal Surgical Technician within 2 months of hire due to recognized positive professional attitude, strong work ethic, and driven, goal directed attitude
- Recognized by colleagues, including attending obstetricians for the ability to anticipate needs of the surgeon, patient, and nursing staff
May 2011 - Jun 2013
Emergency Department Technician
Northwestern Medical Center
- Independently assess and respond to the needs of physicians and nurses, providing care to patients in critical situations
- Competently assist physicians with procedures such as closed fracture reduction, lumbar puncture, and insertion of invasive devices
- Responsible for assisting with and accurately documenting interventions in critical situations, i.e. Cardiac arrest, CVA, trauma
- Recognized by many nurses for ability to proactively complete tasks
Sep 2010 - May 2014
Bachelor of Science-Nursing
Sep 2010 - May 2013
Associate of Science-Nursing
Sep 2014 - Sep 2018
Emergency Nursing Pediatric Course
Jun 2014 - Jun 2016
Advanced Cardiac Life Support
Nov 2015 - Mar 2016