William Todd Dunnagan
4017 Meadston Lane ~ Charlotte, NC 28210
Home Phone 704-643-7706 ~ Work Phone 704-408-0459
Summary of Qualifications
·Successful sales, marketing and management career over a 17 year period encompassing territories of North America, South America, Mexico and Europe for high end technical textile fabrics, composite materials, yarns, fibers and resins.
·Strong business relationships throughout North America, South America and Europe for technical, ballistic, aerospace and industrial customers.
·Extensive technical background in textile manufacturing of fibers, yarns and fabrics consisting of MetaAramid, ParaAramid, Carbon, E-Glass, S-2 Glass, Polyethylene, Silver and Copper Antimicrobials, Modacrylic, FR Polyester, Thermo-Regulating Fibers, Nylon, Rayon and Cotton.
·Comprehensive knowledge of woven, knitted, non-woven and multiaxial stitch bonded fabric forming systems.
·Comprehensive knowledge of pre-pregging, thermoset and thermoplastic resin systems.
·Proficient knowledge of ballistics and military specifications(MIL-DTL) for composite hard armor and soft armor
·Proficient knowledge of aerospace fabrics standards(AMS) for carbon and aramid
·Solicitation and award experience with State Department(DoS), Department of Defense(DoD), Defense Logistics Agency(DLA) and Defense Supply Center Philadelphia(DSCP)
·Military and Law Enforcement Program experience: OTV, MTV, IOTV, ACH, MRAP, MRAP Light, JLTV, Bradley, NIJ-06 and 04
·Aerospace program experience: ASM 281, 285, 181
·Extensive trade show experience including TechTextil Atlanta and Frankfurt, IACP, SHOT, SAMPE, AUSA, IFAI, JEC, ACMA, Heimtex, Decosit, Premiere Vision and TexWorld
2007 – 5/1/2009Lincoln Fabrics Ltd & Lincoln Fabrics Inc
Director of Sales and Marketing Ballistic Armor and Aerospace Composite Products
Responsible for the sales and marketing of Aramid, Glass and Carbon fabrics for military, law enforcement and aerospace end uses North America and Internationally.
·Directed the sales and marketing initiative to transform Lincoln Fabrics from an Aramid base weaver to a composites fabric producer specifically of S-2 Glass and Carbon. $2 million + manufacturing expansion
·Acquired two international military supply accounts within first four months of employment resulting in orders exceeding 2 million in sales for the fiscal second and third quarter 2007.
·Acquired within first six months of employment two North American accounts which supply bullet resistant vests to law enforcement resulting in additional annual sales volume exceeding 1.5 million dollars
·Successfully obtained aerospace qualification for Lincoln Fabrics to supply Boeing, Cessna, Bombardier and Embraer
·Successfully certified Lincoln Fabrics as a supplier for major military contracts (OTV, IOTV, MRAP, ACH)
·Successfully engineered ballistic solutions for customers on the new NIJ-06 standard for law enforcement
·Developed new water repellency for aramid fabrics which resulted in increased ballistic performance while decreasing fabric cost
·Co Developed thermoplastic resin for aramid fabrics which resulted in lower weight and cost while maintaining ballistic performance
2005 – 2007Azgard Nine USA, Inc - Azgard Nine Ltd.
Charlotte, North Carolina
- Subsidiary of Azgard Nine Ltd, Azgard Nine USA, Inc is an international sales and marketing corporation founded in 2005
Vice President International Sales and Marketing
Responsible for marketing and sales of commodity, specialty and technical yarns and fibers in North America, South America, Mexico and Europe. Fabric End Uses – Aircraft, Cruise Ship, Automotive, Protective Apparel, Contract Upholstery, Contract Wall Covering, Home Upholstery and Industrial Fabrics
- Initiated the incorporation and structured development of the new US Corporation for the Pakistani parent company. Through extensive travel to customers in Europe, Mexico, South America and the US, an established and continuous business was developed in Mexico, North America and throughout Europe on both commodity and technical yarns and fibers. Sales for 2006 exceeded 2 million US from first year 2005 sales of 150,000 US.
2002-2005Unifi, Inc. – Greensboro, NC
- Global manufacturer of technical and commodity polyester and nylon
Business Development Manager – Dyed Yarn Division and Textured Polyester Division
Responsibilities for acquiring new national and international accounts for dyed yarn and technical polyester divisions.
- Developed four national accounts, previously not customers, into multi million dollar customers for Unifi within nine months.
- Set forth business directive for textured polyester sales in Europe. Emphasized focus on automotive and technical end uses.
- Initiated technical developments for fire retardant and antimicrobial products which Unifi is now a market leader
1994-2002G.S.German Spinners, Inc.- Charlotte, NC. -Düsseldorf, Germany
- International Sales and Marketing Corporation for technical and commodity yarns and fibers. Carbon, Aramid, Polyester, Rayon, Modacrylic, Steel Fiber, Cotton, Nylon
President - Sales and Marketing
Executive responsibilities for the International Sales, Marketing, Distribution and Management of the US subsidiary corporation. The US subsidiary is wholly owned by German parent companies.
- Led the planning process and start up of the corporation consisting of nine foreign companies that exceeded $10 million in sales yearly by 1999 from a level of no sales in 1995
- Founded international headquarters for sales and marketing and developed/implemented operational procedures
- Built a customer base of the nation's largest fabric producers
- Developed relationships with industry leaders on an international scale
- Worked with customers and foreign producers to develop and consistently supply new products in the North American and South American markets
- Completed business and operational plans for the supply of consistent financial, sales and market reporting to shareholders
- Implemented and maintained a warehouse inventory and distribution system that allowed real time access and management control over $1.7 million in inventory
- Engineered a supply system, from order to delivery of product, that consistently received the highest ratings on customer corporate supplier evaluations
1991-1994Avondale Mills, Inc.Charlotte, NC
- Manufacturer of cotton and cotton blend yarns for apparel and upholstery
East Coast Sales and Marketing
Responsible for Sales and Marketing efforts for the east coast territory encompassing South Carolina to New York
- Initial sales position encompassed the territories of North Carolina, South Carolina and Virginia and exceeded a sales goal of $13 million
- Within nine months of employment assumed additional responsibility for the east coast territory of South Carolina to New York with annual sales in excess of $22 million out of a total sales budget of $ 102 million. A territory formerly covered by five sales individuals.
- Exceeded sales goal and new customer targets by redesigning the previous sales and marketing strategy for the territory
- Developed higher profit margin value added products for the corporation through market analysis and customer relations
1988-1991Dixie Yarns, IncBelmont, NC and Chattanooga, TN
- Manufacturer of specialty yarns for performance apparel and protective fabrics
- Marketing Manager/ Piedmont Dye House
- Quality Control Manager/ Piedmont Dye House and Spinning Mill
- Management Trainee/ Lupton Spinning Mill and Chattanooga Dye House
Bachelor of Science in History with a concentration in Textile Management, NC State University, 1987