Network and Systems Engineer
I work directly with project managers and certified subject matter experts to plan, develop, test, and deliver training environments that students can access remotely. I develop end-to-end solutions which include access, automation, monitoring, and alerting of failures. I am also the Senior Systems Administrator in charge of all of the software infrastructure.
- Lead developer of all software lab hosting platforms, and their supporting infrastructure
- Designed and Managed a large VMware vCloud deployment with over 1000 VMs turnover per week
- Designed and Managed multiple OpenStack environments including:
- RedHat OSP5/6
- RDO Icehouse, Juno, and Liberty
- Canonical / Ubuntu IceHouse and Juno
- Integrated directly into the vCloud and OpenStack REST API
- Deployed Canonical's Juju on bare metal using MaaS as well as AWS in order to quickly deploy and scale cloud based applications
- Maintain a Microsoft Active Directory and Remote Desktop application farm, caching DNS servers, RDP gateways, and HTML5 gateways
- Manage load balancer configuration on Linux LVS & Citrix Netscaler 9/10
- Implemented Network Monitoring Systems such as OpenNMS and Zenoss using custom SNMP MIBs, graphs, and templates
- Maintain a custom backup solution using the open source Bacula software for file level backups. Also implemented a VM level nightly and weekly backup schedule using vSphere's data protection appliance.
- Received a Circle of Excellence Distinguished Contribution