Duty Manager / Public Affairs Coordinator
- Center Operations: Maintained and ensured all 10 center activity areas were operational and including: gaming areas, phone rooms, check-in counter, computer rooms, bistro, and all program related areas. Managed distribution of 300 materials (DVD’s, Video Games etc.) to visitors. Interacted and provided superior customer service to over 35,000 NATO troops a month.
- Event Coordination: Successfully planned over 36 events affecting over 100,000 troops. Coordinated seven USO Celebrity Tours with over 18 celebrities with USO Headquarters Entertainment Department. Responsible for monthly center related activities and events such as cookouts, movie nights, sporting events, and game nights.
- Public Affairs Duties: Served as primary liaison for USO Kandahar local coverage by devising specific communications materials and campaigns based on understanding of journalists' interests including; writing 12 news releases used for external release; trained and provided advice to three company officials for press conferences and media interviews based on USO HQ directives and speaking points; maintained strong media relations with local and outside media including Unit Public Affairs, Armed Forces Network other national and international media and bloggers. Developed written materials, including 40+ story pitches, messaging guidelines, press releases, Q&As, presentations and speeches with guidance from USO World Headquarters Communications Department. Took over 5,000 photos--Over 500 used for various outlets including: official USO website, blog, Facebook and USO Kandahar Facebook. Responsible for maintaining USO Kandahar Social Media--Increasing Facebook traffic by 90%
- Center Maintenance: Ensured the center was clean and presentable at all times including: stocking and replenishing bistro area, cleaning of all stations and facilities, and proper cleaning of all equipment.
- Administrative Duties: Conducted yearly inventory and program related supplies. Monitored phones and answered all incoming questions. Tracked and monitored equipment usage by visitors. Collected and distributed over 100K lbs. of mail a year. Prepared correspondence such as 36 programs announcements and over 200 volunteer recognition letters and 100 daily United Through Reading packages
- Volunteer Opportunities: Served as Volunteer Coordinator managing over 215 volunteers. Supervised over 10 USO center volunteers during operational hours. Affected the lives of over 50 US Wounded Warriors by volunteering with the Wounded Warrior Project. Volunteered at two Wounded Warrior Units, passed out hundreds of Wounded Warrior kits, visited with dozens of Wounded Warriors in hospital.
- Special Project Oversight, Art of War--Barrier Paintings in the Middle East.