National Director, PR & Communications
I lead national communications for a $17M nonprofit serving 350,000+ students with visual and learning disabilities. Driving a story-based program with our comms team across PR, social media, video and digital content, I've mined highly impactful 'voice of the client' threads from a remarkable base of students with disabilities, parents and teachers. Work highlights include:
- Company spokesperson; hosting webinars, keynotes, panels and public events with thought leaders.
- Expanding the PR program to generate earned media ad equivalency value of more than 60% the overall marketing budget.
- Growing the organization's social media ecosystem to a leading position in the education-disabilities space, achieving exponential increases in followers and >750% rise in new users and referral traffic to the website.
- Developing extensive video assets that helped generate millions of dollars in philanthropy and revenue initiatives.
- Producing and directing the organization's National Galas in Washington, D.C. and Denver, increasing donor loyalty and engagement.
- Spearheading advocacy initiatives and events in D.C. with Members of Congress, thought leaders, students, parents and educators.
- Building a dynamically engaged community of members, teachers, parents, volunteers and influencers.