National Director, PR & Communications
Learning Ally (formerly RFB&D)
Communications leader and company spokesperson for national nonprofit serving hundreds of thousands of students with visual and learning disabilities. Messaging prime and comms counsel on the leadership team. Instituted a story-driven PR and social media program mining experiences from a remarkable base of students, parents, teachers, specialists and volunteers. Partner and liaison with renowned thought leaders; host webinars and live events; produce video and media campaign assets; drive broadcasting across a large suite of social channels; spark engagement and community building with thousands of parents, teachers and specialists.
- Expanded social community presence to number two position in the crowded education / learning disabilities space, reaching hundreds of thousands and engaging countless influencers.
- Instituted a pubic webinar program with acclaimed experts that drew tens of thousands of parents and teachers; produced and broke the record for most highly attended webinar ever staged by Education Week.
- Created and produced the organization's successful annual Gala events in Washington, DC and Denver, Colorado.
- Organized and led presence at major industry conferences (IDA, ASHA, AET), as well as numerous events on Capitol Hill with Members of Congress
- Produced dozens of videos used for fundraising, awareness and institutional/state grant school membership sales.
- Instituted PR team process resulting in 100+ earned media placements in print, TV and web across the U.S.
- Organized and hosted road-show events in New York and Washington, DC for the HBO Documentary, "The Big Picture - Rethinking Dyslexia"