Senior Vice President Operations-USA
Martifer Solar USA
National Operations and Project Management
- Promoted within 11 months to Senior Vice President of Operations USA—assumed control of East and West Coast operations in addition to the Central Region
- Provided the technical and logistical leadership to deliver 18MW of DG, Utility, and Community Solar in 2013; managing 30+ interconnections and $35 million in prime contracts over widely varying code, regulatory, and climactic conditions
- Identified systemic dysfunction within the organization and created targeted solutions for the company to fully capitalize on solar opportunities
- Lead contract review for all prime and subcontracts entered into by the company: (1) enforce comprehensive prime contract review/negotiation process to increase leverage, mitigate risk, and maximize profitability; (2) revised RFP solicitations and subcontract structure to ensure back-to-back scope inclusion
- Improved estimation accuracy and feasibility determinations by strengthening due diligence process
- Created standardized procedures to regulate and track Sales to Operations interaction during pre- contract phase
- Introduced complete reformat of project scheduling and budget tracking; improved interface between project management tools, and increased staff proficiency in using software through trainings
- Enhanced inter-departmental cooperation through refining company communication habits, mentoring staff, and creating an atmosphere of teamwork
- Worked closely with the parent company (Martifer Solar S.A./ Portugal) to define and incorporate international standardization of means and methods, operational efficiency, and best practices into the US company
- Chair of Martifer USA Safety Committee: Established nationwide safety protocol for the organization, implemented OSHA training requirements for operations staff, and imposed zero-tolerance policy for site safety violations
Clients include Hertz, CBS, Westfield, Panasonic, RSBF, Macerich, Washington Gas, Bith Energy, E470 Highway Authority, San Miguel Power Association, Poudre Valley REA, Clean Energy Collective, City of Evans, Colorado Springs Utility, Jefferson County School District, Pueblo County School District, Denver International, JFK and Newark Airports
Martifer Solar USA is a subsidiary of Martifer Solar S.A., a multinational solar manufacturer and installation company with over 480MW of solar assets installed worldwide, including 45MW constructed in the US.
Martifer Solar S.A. is based in Portugal and the company is present in Europe (Spain, Italy, Greece, Belgium, France, Czech Republic, Ukraine, Slovakia, United Kingdom, Germany, Romania), North and Latin America (US, Canada, Mexico, Chile, Brazil, Ecuador), Africa (Cape Verde, Mozambique, South Africa) and Asia (India, Japan, Singapore, United Arab Emirates).