Drew Ermenc is an award-winning, multi-platform content strategist with a proven background in editorial direction, content strategy, business-to-business verticals and client management. Ermenc currently owns and operates SnagMob.com, a daily deal website that provides non-traditional advertising solutions to small businesses in West Tennessee.
- SMALL BUSINESS OWNER WITH SALES EXPERIENCE In only six months, SnagMob.com has worked with more than 50 small business owners, delivering over 1,000 customers through their doors during that time. Working the sales pipeline from prospect to customer, Ermenc sold all merchants on the daily deal concept, and worked to ensure merchants were pleased with the results.
- CONTENT CREATION More than seven years experience in understanding targeted audiences, then developing content and marketing strategy to maximize audience engagement and takeaway.
- EDITORIAL JUDGMENT Holds Masters degree in Journalism from the University of Mississippi. Full understanding and proponent of ethics in journalism, as well as libel and media law.
- PLANNING AND EXECUTION Substantial experience in implementing marketing strategy for a variety of initiatives, including editorial for well-respected business publications, large awards events, small networking events, turnkey custom publications, editorial pitch meetings and digital opportunities. Operates efficiently under daily deadlines.
- LEADERSHIP Led various teams in multiple projects, including the launches of a regional business publication, two digital Website redesigns and one print redesign. Founded and currently operates SnagMob.com, a successful and growing non-traditional advertising company.
- ACCOLADES Quickly demonstrates success in multiple positions. Granted promotions within one year – on two different occasions with two different companies. Honored as a "Top Talent in Memphis" in 2007. Awarded a prestigious Gold Medal at the City Regional Magazine Association Annual Awards in 2007.
- UNDERSTANDS C-LEVEL AUDIENCE Experience in networking and conversing with some of the most successful CEOs in the world, as well as writing and editing articles on important legislative issues, current trends and business profiles.
Oct 2008 - Present
Executive Editor, Business to Business magazine / BtoBmagazine.com
Oversees all editorial content for Business to Business Magazine and BtoBMagazine.com, a highly-respected media brand targeting senior-level decision makers in the Atlanta business community.
- Conceptualizes all feature stories, headlines, teasers, captions and columns for print and Web products. Selects appropriate artwork as needed.
- Organizes the editorial calendar for the Website's select group of contributing Columnists, a group of 25 local executives offering insights into current business trends.
- Management responsibilities include freelance contributors, magazine staff, art and editorial budgets, leading strategy sessions and developing creative and compelling content.
- Web-related experience includes the following: Overseeing two weekly content-driven e-newsletters (SilverPop) delivered to a subscriber base of more than 12,000 Atlanta executives; podcast editing (Audacity); photo editing (Adobe CreativeSuite 2); daily use of a content management system (OpenCMS), and Web analytic tools (Google Analytics).
Sep 2009 - Jul 2010
Managing Editor, Intellectual Property Team
Responsible for overseeing and managing the intellectual property team. Position answered to multiple internal clients and required high level of organization.
- Scheduled and tracked up to 20 internal and external communication campaigns at any given time.
- Re-organized and enhanced internal processes to increase productivity, efficiency and quality inmarketing collateral during management period.
- Managed team who brainstormed and implemented redesign of critical marketing collateral.
- Successfully organized and grew intellectual property team amid rapid small business growth (23 percent year-over-year growth during recession.)
Jul 2007 - Oct 2008
Associate Publisher, Catalyst Magazine / CatalystMag.com
Oversaw editorial mission and business direction of CatalystMag.com, an Atlanta-based media B2B brand targeting small business owners and emerging entrepreneurs. Assumed two promotions within a 15-month time frame.
- Developed future business development opportunities through media kit, strategic marketing and the use of social networking, including LinkedIn and Twitter.
- Oversaw and managed web development team in the complete Website redesign. Additions included Expert Blogs, RSS feeds, podcasts and easier navigation. Following the redesign, traffic tripled.
- Led marketing and organizational efforts for Catalyst's signature event, the Catalyst Top 25 Entrepreneurs & Ones to Watch Awards. Nominations doubled from the previous two years – due to grassroots marketing strategy – ultimately bolstering sponsor value. Also participated in serving as Master of Ceremonies for a speaking panel series.
Jun 2006 - Jun 2007
Founding Editor, Memphis Business Quarterly (MBQ) magazine
Worked as lead project manager in launching Memphis Business Quarterly (MBQ) magazine, an award-winning quarterly business lifestyle publication (circulation: 33,500)
- Defined MBQs editorial mission, and generated circulation and distribution strategies, publishing calendar, media kit and all editorial departments.
- Helped in growing and maintaining publishing partnerships, including the Memphis Logistics Council and Memphis BioWorks Foundation, for MBQs special advertisingsupplements
- Performed as MBQs Executive Editor, generating editorial calendars and assigning, tracking and editing departments and features for the quarterly publication.
- MBQ won the Gold Medal at the City / Regional Magazine Association's (CRMA) Annual Awards in 2007, only the second medal ever won at Contemporary Media.
Jun 2006 - Jun 2007
Managing Director, Special Publications
Contemporary Media, Inc
Responsible for overseeing 14 various custom publishing projects annually. Assumed two promotions within an 18-month time frame.
- Served as sole account manager for high-value clients that included the Memphis Regional Chamber, Center City Commission, Memphis Bioworks Foundation, Memphis Logistics Council and various local chambers of commerce.
- Met clients' marketing objectives by pitching, recommending and providing customized editorial content for publication.
- Facilitated business development initiatives, including brand readjustment and coordinating requests for proposals.
- Named a "Top Talent in Memphis" by the Memphis Regional Chamber, only one of a select few honored with the recognition.
May 2003 - Aug 2003
Special Projects Coordinator (Graduate Internship)
Aug 2001 - Dec 2002
Web Editor / Account Coordinator
2002 - 2003
3.67 Grade Point Average, Cumulative
1996 - 2000
- Minor in Business Administration.
- Varsity Soccer: Team Captain (1999), Coach's Award (1999), NCAA Tournament (1999).