CHIEF INFORMATION OFFICER
THE DATA GROUP OF COMPANIES
Led all aspects of Information Technology including strategy, technology infrastructure, business applications and technology based product offerings.Managed a team of 65 professionals.
Hired to lead the technology merger of Relizon Canada, a $220M acquisition with unique custom written in-house business applications. Successfully amalgamated the I.T. infrastructures into one common platform, a single set of processes, and organizational structure, saving $15M in costs.
- Led a complete evaluation of the Information Technology infrastructure, including networks, hardware, applications and staff, followed by the development and successful implementation of a rapid integration strategy (120 days) of physical plant operations.
- Spearheaded the migration of over 6,000 Relizon customers and six production facilities to the Data Group systems, and developed a future strategy focused on packaged solutions.
- Re-invented the company’s B2B store front with an updated user interface and new functionality to create, customize and proof all production for a total sales volume of $80M.
- Led the development of new “electronic” products, a major shift to solutions beyond print, including invoice/statement archiving, electronic bill presentment through custom web-sites or consumer transparent web services.
- Introduced Oracle JD Edwards EnterpriseOne ERP as a solution for IFRS compliance for fixed assets with a mirrored General Ledger to existing legacy systems, creating a framework to enable a phased approach to core financial systems replacement in 2011.
- Led CICA 5970 certification for secure suppliers and PCI DSS compliance for both Merchant and Service provider designations.