Manager - Medico Marketing
Strides Shasun Limited
- Directs and provide leadership to Strides Arcolab Medical Affairs consisting of Medical Information, Publications, Education & Training, and Grants.
- This role integrates functional, managerial, and business knowledge and expertise to develop and meet company objectives.
- To provide perspective and expertise in various therapeutic areas of interest to the business.
- To play a proactive role in the development and implementation of medical strategies supporting brand plans for BRANDS INDIA products.
- Ensure execution of medical affairs strategies, tactics and activities within medical information, continuing medical education & publications.
- Building strong scientific and medical relationships with Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs).
- Contributes to regulatory and business development needs, and is deeply involved in the safe use of our products and safety reporting requirements.
- Provide leadership to and management of the Medical Affairs Operations Team which includes Medical Information, Publications, Education and Training, and Grants functions.
- Ensure training to enhance and maintain medical/clinical competencies; development and succession planning for the Medial Affairs Operations team.
- Provide leadership through continuous improvement for the development and maintenance of Medical Affairs standard operating procedures, processes and guidance
- Develop and manage the Medical Affairs Operations (therapy plan) budget.
- Ensure optimal communication of scientific and medical information to internal and external customers while meeting appropriate legal and regulatory guidelines.
- Collaborate with medical directors across therapeutic areas to ensure that all development and product support activities are coordinated and consistent
- Continuously maintain “state of the art” level of knowledge as to developments and trends in medical science relevant to the business
- Contribute to the development and implementation of clinical research and educational strategies in therapeutic areas of interest.
- Identify and develop KOLs across many therapy areas, investigate new uses of STRIDES ARCOLAB products, and collaborate with appropriate scientific societies.
- Partner with Business Development for evaluating licensing opportunities.
- Participate as needed with the medical product teams, part of the crisis-management teams for marketed products, i.e. in case of field corrective actions.
- Manage the medical affairs review process of advertising/promotional material, obtaining medical input from appropriate medical directors and clinical personnel.
- Regularly review scientific literature in cooperation with marketing for key-products.
- Thorough understanding of the core scientific literature addressing clinical applications and safety of our products, and be prepared to utilize this information in response to questions from KOLs and mentor trainers, marketing team & FF in the development of their scientific and communication skills.
- Assist in development of advisory boards, symposia, and medical meetings
- Provide scientific support at conferences and meetings including but not limited to medical thought leaders, academic institutions and payer customers.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to balance the clinical requirements with the regulatory requirements in reviewing labeling, advertising, and promotional materials.
- Provide high quality, balanced and timely clinical, medical and scientific information upon the request of healthcare professionals and other functional areas.
Molecules Launched after joining Strides:
RENERVE 24: Multivitamin supplement
D-BRIGHT: Vitamin D3 60,000 IU softgel capsules
Fliptor: Rosuvastatin Calcium
GoFolate: L-methyl folate
Renerve D: Mecobalamin+Vitamin D3+Pyridoxine+ALA+Folic Acid
GoFolate Plus: Methylcobalamin+LMF+P5P
Neodipine: Cilnidipine and Cilnidipine + Metoprolol
D-Bright Drops 400 IU
Raricap group (gynec portfolio) of Bafna pharma under strides after merging
Launch of Renerve Plus across India (Multivitamin capsules & injections)
Launching Gastro division: Virso (Sofosbuvir – launched), Ribavirin, Tenofovir, Entecavir
- Future expansions under various SKUs
- New product development & launch initiatives
- Developed SOPs for Medical Affairs & Pharmacovigilance
- Developed regulatory required documents for approval in US, Africa, Myanmar, Srilanka & India.
- Developed medical affairs budget for the year 2014 & 2015.
- Developed complete medical strategy/therapy plan for Medical Affairs especially Gynecology & Neurology.
- Approval of all marketing activities, initiatives & inputs of Brands India & Brands Africa.
- Training of Field Force.
- Conducted CMEs, Advisory boards and getting International Speakers on advisory board for the first time to STRIDES ARCOLAB to address issues with Omega-3 Ethyl Esters, HCV drugs and others.
- 2 NIS studies - Diabetes & Neuropathy
- One clinical paper published on Vitamin D in India
- Clinic to Court with FOGSI
- Study Days with FOGSI
- Anemia Project PRAYAAS - Completed 2 advisory board meeting and final draft ready to be published in FOGSI weebsite, May 2016
- NOD Summit
- Meet the Expert
Major: Cardiovascular & Diabetes, Orthopedics, Gastroenterology/Hepatology, Women’s Health, Pain & General
Minor: Oncology, Hematology, Critical Care & Primary Care