American InterContinental University
Teach Operations Management and General Business to undergraduate and graduate students.
Teach Operations Management and General Business to undergraduate and graduate students.
• Under executive direction, ensure that the County Solid Waste Program complies with all state, federal and county legislations to provide citizens with environmentally sound waste reduction, recycling and disposal capabilities.• Develop and evaluate Solid Waste, Vegetative Waste and Recycling Operational policies, procedures and standards for the division upon approval of the County Manager; implement and make improvements when necessary.• Direct the County facilitated services of the Solid Waste Hauler permitting and Administration, Keep Cobb Beautiful and the Landfill Maintenance Departments.• Function as County Liaison to support, guide, evaluate and monitor the work of Cobb County based contracted services of Vegetative Waste Recovery Operations, Solid Waste Material Transfer Operations, and Single / Muti-Stream Recycling Operations including cost-free recycling drop off for citizens; coordinates with contractors in the development of plans for future expansion and direction of the Solid Waste business in Cobb County, as a function of market variables such as recycling commodity prices, haul and disposal costs.• Recommend budgetary needs for future fiscal year budgets for the department; and monitor expenditures during the current budget fiscal year.• Serve as a print and other public media spokes person on solid waste, recycling and County beautification issues.• Utilize all aspects of the Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve, and Control (DMAIC) model in accordance with Six Sigma principles as listed in the ASQ body of knowledge.• Implement lean enterprise concepts to identify non-value-added elements and activities. Utilize specific tools such as poka-yoke, kanban and visual factory.• Use quality function deployment (QFD) techniques for internal customers, failure mode and effects analysis (FMEA) for internal processes redesign, and basic robust design processes, including noise strategies, tolerance design, and process capability tools.
• Directed the County’s vegetative waste recovery, landfill maintenance activities, compost facility operations and transfer station operations.• Coordinated solid waste operations resources to support interdepartmental functions with KCB, Business Services; and to support intra-county projects & functions with DOT, PRCA, and the Water System.• Reviewed the operations and maintenance of equipment and plant systems in order to identify and correct problems.• Planned long-range goals, objectives organizational structure, and operational direction for the division’s operational units.• Conferred with executive management on key issues as they arose and made recommendations to assist strategic decision making for future expansions and in guiding the overall direction of the Solid Waste Division.• Developed and administered operating budgets for the division.• Prepared and presented updates to the SWMA; and presented agenda items to the Board of Commissioners.• Assisted in the development of positive programs for customer service; public relations; education and prevention related to solid waste management and composting issues.• Developed specifications for ITBs, RFQs and RFPs for consultant and vendor services for various facility projects and programs.• Guided project management staff and consultants to control costs, manage risk, and resolve disputes during the execution of current projects and/or work in progress (WIP).• Utilized all aspects of the DMAIC model in accordance with Six Sigma principles as listed in the ASQ body of knowledge.• Implemented lean enterprise concepts to identify non-value-added elements and activities. Utilized specific tools such as poka-yoke, kanban and visual factory.• Used quality function deployment (QFD) techniques for internal customers, failure mode and effects analysis (FMEA) for internal processes redesign, and basic robust design processes, including noise strategies, tolerance design, and process capability tools.
• Directed the daily activities of a $26 million compost production plant of the Cobb County Solid Waste Division. • Ensured compliance of all compost facility operations with pertinent Federal, State and local laws, ordinances and regulations.• Planned long-range goals, objectives, organizational structure, and overall direction for the compost facility.• Developed and recommended operating budget for the compost facility bi-annually with a two-year forecast. Reviewed and approved invoicing for professional service, installations, renovations, constructions and maintenance services.• Carried out managerial responsibility for labor force in accordance with local, state and federal laws.• Developed organization structures and staffing requirements.• Prepared and presented updates to the SWMA; and presented agenda items to the BOC as directed.• Conferred with upper management: to keep them informed on key issues as they arose and update them on progress toward objectives.• Utilized all aspects of the DMAIC model in accordance with Six Sigma principles as listed in the ASQ body of knowledge.• Implemented lean enterprise concepts to identify non-value-added elements and activities. Utilized specific tools such as poka-yoke, kanban and visual factory.• Used QFD techniques for internal customers, failure mode and effects analysis (FMEA) for internal processes redesign, and basic robust design processes, including noise strategies, tolerance design, and process capability tools.• Represented the County at various functions.• Wrote ITB, RFQ and RFP specifications for bids on service equipment, rolling stock, backflow prevention and metering equipment, service contracts and maintenance agreements, and other equipment or services as necessary to accomplish the goals of the solid waste division. Oversaw and coordinated the work of engineering consultants in the development of plans and specifications for specialized projects and programs.
• Responsible for achieving sales goals on engineered products (switchboards, panel boards, load centers, motor control centers, and busway) for 10 local sales offices of the Washington, DC and Minneapolis area offices with annual bookings in excess of $50 million.• Responsible for ensuring proper profit margin and attaining better percentage price levels on multi-product projects. Analyzed overall market intelligence with respect to increasing SE&A’s market share on all quotations presented to customers.• Worked as engineering consultant through all phases of “Design Build Jobs” (conceptualization, planning, manufacturing, delivery, installation and startup).• Performed application and system engineering through the evaluation of customer plans and specifications to generate detailed proposals utilizing SE&A products to the utmost capacity.• Generated equipment configurations, space layouts, and dimensional analysis utilizing AutoCAD and Mechanical Desktop.• Examined and recommended product changes based upon cost benefit analysis studies of customer needs and market analysis for the applicable region.• Entered new orders into specification engineering and contract administration. Evaluated customer conditions and negotiated terms within acceptable risks for all parties.
• Supervised and coordinated daily assignments, maintenance and training for 12 technicians on rotating shifts. Conducted counseling, goal setting and performance reviews for the electrical division.• Responsible for the operation and maintenance of all electrical generating and distribution systems (turbine generators, ship’s battery, emergency diesel generator, and interrelating public utilities). Directed repairs to equipment vital for safe continuing nuclear power, steam distribution and electric plant operations.• Supervised all operations and changes in the status of the engineering plant while standing primary shift watch as Engineering Watch Supervisor. Responsible for the operation of the power plant and reactor safety systems.• Managed and coordinated the instruction and evaluation of naval officers and enlisted in the theory, operation and maintenance of nuclear powered propulsion plants for their initial qualification as nuclear power plant operators.• Received the “Navy and Marine Corps Achievement Medal” for personal technical knowledge, training and qualification of over 250 nuclear operators, maintenance and retest of vital components and demonstrated supervision of plant operators. • Received Certification as a Journeyman Electrician by “United States Department of Labor” and the “Chief of Naval Education and Training” for successful completion of the 5000-hour National Apprenticeship Program.• Received Designation as a Master Training Specialist from the “Chief of Naval Education and Training” as recommended by the Command Moored Training Ships (MTS) Board for “demonstrated excellence in leadership, technical competence, application of instructional methodology, and desire to desire to improve fleet readiness through quality instruction.”
Doctoral Study: “Multiple-Case Examinations of Complex Decisions to Form Networked Public-Private Partnerships”Oral Defense 9/12/12Chief Academic Officer Abstract Approval 9/28/12University Approval for Publication of Doctoral Study 9/28/12Copyright Application Filed 9/28/12Degree Awarded / Conferred 10/28/12
Activities and Societies: Sigma Iota Epsilon (SIE) Management Honor Society (2011)
Capstone Project: “Multiple Linear Regression Modeling of Factors Affecting Success in ASQ Black Belt Training Courses”Key Graduate Level Coursework CompletedQA 6602 Total QualityQA 6611 Advanced Statistical ApplicationsQA 6612 Design of ExperimentsQA 6615 Applied Systems ReliabilityQA 6630 Technical Training MethodsQA 6640 Quality Cost and Supplier EvaluationQA 6650 Quality Systems DesignQA 6660 Six Sigma Black Belt ConceptsQA 7403 Graduate Seminar – Multiple Linear RegressionPost Masters Graduate Courses in Systems EngineeringSYE 6005 Introduction to Systems EngineeringSYE 6015 Systems Analysis and DesignGPA: 4.00/4.00