Senior Vice President, Sales and Marketing Services
Created and managed IMG's first sales and marketing services department responsible for branding and positioning IMG and its clients worldwide. Key member of senior sales and marketing team that grew the company to over $1 billion in annual sales. Supervised activities of five direct reports and a team of five design and production professionals.
Strategic Branding, Lifestyle Marketing and Business Development
- Designed and implemented branding programs that strengthened the Coors and Polaroid brands (rodeo), Seagram (polo), Discover Card (figure skating), Kodak (the Olympics), Ocean Spray (Universal Studios) and March of Dimes (fund-raising).
- Led development of new service, a VIP hospitality capability that generated high ROI for clients including AT&T, Seagram, Home Depot, United Airlines, WorldCom and DHL.
- Key member of global business development team that marketed and closed high-profile special projects for clients such as Universal Studios ($130M in sponsorship revenue); the United States Olympic Committee ($180M); Rock and Roll Hall of Fame ($40M); and The GRAMMYs ($12M).
- Conceived, wrote and developed successful sales presentations for new business development; wrote industry and client competitive analyses for consulting division clients.
Marketing Research, Demographics and Program Evaluation
- Designed and implemented evaluation program and metrics to enable clients to measure the added value of special events and other marketing programs.
- Designed and executed audience research programs for clients based on real-time feedback at sports events and festivals.
- Introduced state-of-the-art tools, including Internet-based media tracking systems, to analyze public affairs issues facing clients.
Vice President, IMG Consulting
- Part of client services team working with over 50 corporate clients.
- Created, negotiated for and implemented activation programs locally and nationally.
- Developed sponsorship evaluation procedures and implemented them for over 20 clients.