medSage Technologies LLC
Joined medSage Technologies LLC during the startup phase in July of 2004 as one of three Java developers responsible for 4 web applications deployments.
Implemented IVR survey response processing logic which parses VXML result request strings, applies business logic and generates notification and reorder requests that are displayed in the web applications as tasks for customers to act on.
Learned IVR and VXML technology APIs and assumed lead position in all related development.
Created original scheduling algorithms which enabled the company to automate patient scheduling based on Insurance reimbursement eligibility originally managed by hand via Excel spreadsheets.
Designed and developed original UI for managing and scheduling large volumes of patient IVR phone calls and original customer call monitoring dashboard application which provided a global view of all call campaign progress and error states.
Primary individual responsible for customer application deployment, configuration and issue resolution.
Supported and enhanced existing sage2 application and acted as advisor to the sage3 engineering team responsible for decoupling the call scheduling and launching components into separate standalone core applications.
Currently supporting approximately 200 web application deployments, developing tools to expedite the configuration and deployment process and contributing in the development of the next generation Ruby on Rails UI.
I am continuing to perform my role and responsibilities with the medSage Technologies LLC after acquisition by Philips / Respironics in January of 2011.
My recent responsibilities and accomplishments include:
- Lead engineer in Voice XML technologies. Responsible for the majority of the companies automated and human communication interface implementations.
- Company expert in VXML technology design and implementation.
- Replaced existing static VXML survey design with complete modular implementation to eliminate errors introduced by copy, paste and edit methodology.
- Migrated entire VXML GSL grammar set to W3C standard grXML format.
- Enhanced current VXML deployment with i18n support.
- Built ECMA library for managing complex IVR tasks in VXML surveys.
- Lead engineer in the design and implementation of company SETI RESTful web service.
- Created VXML modules to capture end user voice audio clip responses in current patient IVR survey deployments.
- Developed core Ruby Rack audio capture RESTful service implementation to act as the VXML audio clip storage interface.
- Designed and implemented CouchDB back end for audio clip capture storage and retrieval based on VXML session ids.
- Integrated captured audio clip access into existing customer Java web service application via Java Servlet Audio Streaming implementation.
- Contributor in the maintenance and feature enhancement of the existing customer Java web application service running under Apache Tomcat 6 deployments.
- Trouble shoot and resolve application and data related issues.
- Implement new features based on customer feedback.
- Maintain, upgrade and enhance internal Call Center UI implementation.
- Lead engineer in implementation of IVR VXML interface for creating, configuring, maintaining and editing existing and future IVR survey deployments under the next generation Ruby on Rails application.