Contract Finance Manager
Volunteers of Trillium Health Centre, Treasurer/ Board Member \
Chairman of the Governance Committee, Strategic Planning and the Board Selection Committee.Major initiatives include:Strategic Planning for the Mississauga Hospital merger; Governance guidelines for all standing committees and executive officers; Retail planning within the hospital building; and Restructuring of the management supporting four Tim Horton’s locations.
PEEL CAREER ASSESSMENT SERVICES PCAS, Board Member
Non-profit organization that partners with the government and business sector agencies to assist individuals with job search, work hardening and community integration. Peel Region’s largest assessment and employment services organization.
Dynamic Tax Accountants and Paralegal – Contract Partner
Built a thriving consulting practice specializing in Corporate Tax, Business development and restructuring, Bookkeeping and Receivership.
Katz Group/ Rexall PharmaPlus, - Contract Manager, Corporate Store Reporting
Managed the reporting and analysis for 400 corporate stores using JD Edwards.Responsible for two senior accountants.
Vale Inco, Contract Manager, Reporting and Analysis
Managed the financial reporting of 5 Inco companies with combined revenue over $200 million using PeopleSoft and Oracle.Responsible for 2 senior accountants.
- ·Coordinated the monthly recovery, accrual and closing process for 5 wholly owned Vale Inco companies which was complex due to multiple inter-company cross charges, multiple currencies, detailed billing criteria and strict timelines.Reviewed and posted all journal entries.Reviewed and signed off on all financial statement reporting.
- Managed the process to move operational data from Ellipse into the PeopleSoft GL at month end.Co-ordinated the validation process between divisional accountants and corporate accounting.Reconciled the data before the process was completed.
- ·Directly managed the monthly closing for the R&D Division, a $60 million entity.As the primary corporate accountant, additional responsibilities included:Monthly operational reporting; On-going analysis; Recovery allocation process; and Adhoc information requests.
- ·Reconciliation responsibility/ oversight included inter-company activity, divisional bank activity and joint venture cash accounting.During the month end closing process, in-depth investigative analysis on intercompany payables and receivables was often done under strict time constraints.Reviewed the reconciliation work of 5 separate accountants.
- ·Managed the operational reporting and corporate accounting for 5 joint ventures in different countries.Handled Cash Calls and Receivables Management for three of the joint ventures. Built a strong working relationship with the accountants of two joint venture partners in particular.
- ·Produced the monthly report of all exploration activity for Inco, using a complex assortment of data retrieval sources.Using advanced Excel functions, I reduced the time to produce the International Exploration Report from 5 days to 1.Consolidated Word files into Excel; Developed validation templates with parallel data sources and documented anomalies in data sources.
- ·Managed and coordinated the accounting portion of the corporate consolidation of 4 wholly owned Vale Inco subsidiaries into one new company.
- ·Coordinated various activities in response to the difficult transition from PeopleSoft to Oracle.Some of these activities included, Data validation; Currency conversion; and adjusting journal entries.
- ·Developed management reports in Excel, using data extracts from PeopleSoft and Oracle.Worked with various Project Managers to customize the final product.
- ·Created and distributed SG&A reports for Vale Inco senior management in all departments.Responded with detailed analysis and supporting documentation on an as-needed basis.
Resolve Corporation, Manager, Financial and Operational Reporting and Analysis
Managed financial activities for the $1.7 Billion Royal Bank Student Loan Portfolio.Responsible for 6 accountants and a separate project team of 9.
·Developed comprehensive Policy and Procedures for 6 Finance processes, amounting to over 3000 pages of documentation.Approved by RBC.
·Designed and built an Excel-and-Visual Basic reconciliation tool to import data, reconcile activity and troubleshoot discrepancies.Average daily cash payment volume was $700,000.
·Developed an End User Computing Policy to set user standards.Created a process to evaluate and manage high risk financial applications on the desktop.Policy was approved by RBC.
·Developed and managed the complete process to change the way Risk Premium is calculated.Some of the major steps included:Full design specifications, Client Approval; Development; User Acceptance Testing; Historical Recalculation.