Innovative and detail oriented information technology expert with extensive leadership and technology management experience. Expertise includes a diverse business background and knowledge of infrastructure services. Information technology, operations management and data center design. Successfully aligned technology priorities with the business and bridging gaps between cross functional teams.
Member: CleanTechies.com, Green Group, World Wildlife Fund, Climate Savers Computing Initiative
Founding Member: Kalamazo Linux User Group
2006 - Mar 2008
Director, Infrastructure Services
Directed the strategic data center initiatives to improve operations and reduce operating expenses. Introduced energy-efficient best practices through best of breed deployment of systems and infrastructure and developed environmentally friendly green technology strategies.
- Created financial model to consolidate data center operations project resulting in substantial savings in operating expenses for hosting budget
- Evangelized the creation of Orbitz Labs as a platform for innovative, cross discipline development of technology solutions
- Negotiated long term data center facilities contracts to enable business growth via new technology platform
- Eliminated out-sourced data center management and created technology operations team for efficient management and reduced maintenance budget by 50%
2004 - 2006
Director, Infrastructure Services and Systems Operations
Directed the activities of Network, Systems Engineering, Information Technology and Security Services organizations. Architected and managed a scalable and dynamic hosting infrastructure and deployment services model greatly improving deployment.
- Directed technology refresh of infrastructure including the implementation of best practices such as ITIL based processes to ensure the delivery of exceptional quality and services
- Developed the architecture for scalable deployment framework used to deploy on demand services
- Established ITIL based practices and improved change management processes to improve overall technology delivery and support
- Overhauled procurement practices and standardized technology purchasing resulting in capital savings
2002 - 2004
Director, Technology Operations
Managed technical operations including the design and build out of new data center and technology foundation to improve service levels. Worked in collaboration with Senior Executives in the development of business continuity and compliance solutions in 3rd party contractual hosting services agreements.
- Managed successful data center deployments while minimizing cost and negative business impact
- Oversaw development of technical security and compliance services
- Managed the implementation of off-shore call centers, utilizing application virtualization and VOIP technologies to delivery significant reductions in customer services costs while improving service levels
- Provided critical leadership in the implementation of ISO17799 standards with the development of security management best practices and the delivery of related training to ensure compliance
2001 - 2002
Manager, Website Operations
Managed website operations teams and integrated departmental capabilities by merging Database Operations, Systems Administration, Network Engineering, and Project Management to create a productive team environment and implementing effective communication processes between disciplines.
- Successfully championed the replacement of legacy Java Plafrom with centralized solution to improve overall infrastructure and reduced operating expenses
- Improved overall production site delivery rate and page view times across all supported platforms
- Centralized storage services through the implementation of highly available SANs and NAS based solutions and reduced storage management costs through centralized framework
- Critical member in the integration of applications and resources acquired during business mergers
2000 - 2001
Manager, Systems Operations
Oversaw the design and implementation of technology services for the corporate and data center hosting. Managed software and product releases, supervised R&D teams and worked with the development organizations to integrate systems operations and application development.
- Assisted in the development of strategic business partnerships as a technical consultant and worked with key business partners to develop strategic alliances and service level offerings
- Directed the selection, design and development of data centers to reduce operating expenses and maintained highest service levels
- Led the design and implementation of a web-based CRM application infrastructure that measurably improved customer satisfaction remote sales teams effectiveness