Division of Dole Food Company, the largest shipper of fresh fruits and vegetables in the USA; boasts $1.1 billion in annual sales.
Director, Customer Service and Logistics - 2001 to 2005
Managed a team of five staff members consisting of Master Schedulers, Customer Service Manager, Transportation Supervisor, Customer Service Supervisor, and 10 indirect reports. Budgets: $73 million freight, $1.5 million administrative, $500,000 fresh product disposal. Restored tight cost controls, improved customer service levels, and implemented business processes to support the growth of existing businesses. Key activities included supply chain management, logistics operations, co-pack management, organizational development, cost reductions and savings, vendor relationships, and Wal-Mart program management.
- Delivered a $1 million annual savings in freight costs by creating a "heavy light" loading program.
- Realized $450,000 per annum savings by formulating a lowest cost-of-goods procurement strategy.
- Achieved a $350,000 savings in two years by renegotiating contracts with several carriers.
- Contributed to a 30% increase in sales ($8.4 million) by strengthening a relationship with Wal-Mart executives.
- Restructured logistics operations allowing company to ship products to Canada's largest retailer, netting $3.7 million in sales.
- Implemented an i2 APS system that positioned the company for future business growth, and created a delivery networks planning system.
Manager, Customer Service and Logistics - 1998 to 2001; Master Scheduler - 1997 to 1998
Early Experience: Odwalla, Inc., Plant Scheduler, 1995 to 1997; United Parcel Service, Supervisor, 1992 to 1995; Strategies, Consultant, 1991 to 1993.