The world's leading tomato processor meeting the needs of global food processing companies. 36 year old company earns more than $350 million per year and manages 30+% of California's processing tomato production activities.
Acquisition Director / Vice President of Supply Chain
Responsible for a team of 17 Acquisition Professionals (Transportation Professionals, Fleet Manager, Harvesting Coordinators, Greenhouse Transplant Manager, Warehouse Managers, and Office Managers), 930 indirect reports, Budgets; $320 million procurement, $26.5 million harvesting operations, $22.5 million warehouse operations, and $52.2 million trucking.
Led a turnaround that raised declining profits and productivity levels. Challenged to spearhead supply chain infrastructure, direct revenue growth, preside over R&D, lead logistics and procurement strategies, manage a large fleet valued at $52 million, lower operational costs, develop sales and marketing strategies, supervise organizational development initiatives, and train staff.
Direct three business units (Cal Sun Harvesting, Lucero Farms, and Morning Star Trucking) valued at $170 million, and provide supply chain and logistics services to California canneries and farmers.
- Positioned harvesting operation for profit following a loss of $581,000 in 2005; delivered $590,000 in profit by launching an aggressive cost reduction initiative and contributing to an 11% revenue growth $1.5 million.
- Boosted transplant business to profitability by lowering cost of transplanting operations 11% ($67,000) and driving revenue 9% ($362,000).
- Saved $300,000 per year by overseeing the implementation of GPS technology across the trucking organization.
- Streamlined staff 30% which saved $273,000 per year and reorganized back office activities related to the trucking, harvesting, and receiving operations.
- Boosted capacity improvement by 40% by developing cutting-edge harvesting equipment.
- Warehouse operations re-label, case, pick, pack and ship over 8 million cases annually through three warehouses totaling over 500,000 square feet.
- Established and led team charged with implementing a best practices and continuous improvement program.
- Spearhead supply chain infrastructure, directed revenue growth, presided over R&D, lead logistics and procurement strategies, managed a large fleet valued at $52M, lowered operational costs, developed sales and marketing strategies, supervised organizational development initiatives, and trained staff.
- Directed three business units (Cal Sun Harvesting, Lucero Farms, and Morning Star Trucking) valued at $170M, and provided supply chain and logistics services to California canneries and farmers.