- Marketing / Advertisiing
- My Friends
- My Husband
2004 - Distinguised Chapter Service Award from STC (Society for Technical Communication, CNY Chapter)
2000 - Graduated Magna Cum Laude from SUNYIT
1999-2000 - Returning Adult Student Award - SUNYIT
2000 - Pro Tech Comm Dept Student Award - SUNYIT
1999 - Collegiate Gold ECHO winner for BankOne project (part of a four member team)
1998 - Jewish Community Centers Association of North America "Award for Excellence in Communication - Brochure Design"
1996 - Beacon Award for Volunteerism, Fleet Bank
I have over 12 years of graphic design experience using professional programs such as QuarkXpress, PhotoShop and Illustrator. I have recently expanded my business to include web design and hosting services.Specialties:
Marketing small and women-owned businesses, communicating with women business owners to create a marketing campaign or website that will help their business grow.
Feb 2003 - Mar 2008
design therapist / owner
The focus of my business is to help small, women-owned businesses and non-profits get quality, affordable print marketing pieces and websites to help their businesses grow.
My business is nearly completely referral-based. Most of my clients are not web- or computer-savvy; but most have been "talked at" by someone who was and were not impressed. They have been made uncomfortable by the process by someone or are naturally timid of the unknown. They probably would not find me on their own as I do not spend much time (or money) advertising.
Some of the things my clients have said about working with me:
- Veronika has saved our organization thousands of dollars in labor costs and is therefore a very cost effective asset to everyone.
- She takes all the stress away from you as the client and creates a wonderful finished product.
- Most importantly she can communicate her technological expertise in an understandable and comfortably relaxed manner. For the first time my eyes didn't glaze over from techy talk!
- She is a warm and reliable individual who takes great care of her clients.
- It is always a positive experience whenever dealing with her and her work is always fresh and up to date..... I always recommend her to my clients and friends.
2007 - Mar 2008
As my web design business grew, I realized that offering hosting and domain names would be a great value add for me - offering my customers the customer service they were used to and creating another stream of income to my business seemed to be a natural win/win.
Jan 2003 - May 2003
I graduated in 2000 from the Pro Tech Comm program. When a former instructor of mine was seriously injured in a car accident I was asked if I wanted to teach one of his classes. I chose "Portfolio Development & Resume Writing", a class that helped students show off their accomplishments in the best possible light.
I helped students review their body of work, select the best pieces, compose a writeup about the project, and develop both a print and on-line portfolio they could use for interviewing in their chose field. I did the same in the development of their resumes; I helped them to clarily their talents and show their skills in the best possible light.
1998 - 2000
SUNY Institute of Technology at Utica/Rome
- Minor in Marketing
- Graduated Magna Cum Laude
- Yearbook Staff & Advisor