DORNE E.MASSIAH, M.B.A., FLMI www.linkedin.com/in/DorneMassiahwww.VisualCV.com/DorneMassiah
Respected Executive, Entrepreneur and Strategist with significant Change Management & Organizational Development expertise. Successful 22 year career demonstrating vision and leadership that enables strong financial results. Proven track record of developing and executing business strategies that generate deliver enterprise growth, bottom line financial performance and exceed customer expectations. Operational, Project and Support Management span up to 155. P&L and Operating Budget accountability up to $130 million.
Areas of Expertise:
♦ Corporate & Business Strategy Development & Execution ♦ Change Management ♦ Process Excellence / Total Quality Management ♦ Business Engineering / Re-engineering ♦ Product, Process & Technology Platform Development ♦ Program & Project Management
(Large Scale)♦ Metric & Reporting Development ♦ HealthCare & Financial Services
(Insurance,Brokerage, Retirement,♦ Not for Profit & For Profit Experience Banking & Payment Cards)
MASTERCARD WORLDWIDE, Purchase, New York 2006 - 2009 Leading global payment solutions organization
Director - U.S. Commerce Development
Managed executive relationships and increased card acceptance for the top 20 U.S. Insurance and Healthcare merchants. Provided advisory services to Global subsidiaries of US domiciled carriers. Directed multi-disciplinary teams responsible for increasing utilization, building brand awareness & marketing, product, process, technology development, risk assessment & mitigation, finance, etc. Public face of MasterCard to Insurance and Healthcare sectors, presenting at national conferences, corporate executive/BoD meetings and regulatory / statutory bodies.
• Insurance Sector Strategy - Within two years of hire, solved long term market penetration and customer relationship issue by creating and executing strategy that increased share by 478% and volume by $3.3 Billion. Created value proposition, packaged and sold industry relevant product offerings based on client and sector needs. In 2008, recognized by PIMA & State Farm (prior at risk client) for significant advances in customer service.
• The Exchange - Developed business user specifications, conducted beta testing, managed implementation and provided training for new SQL based corporate knowledge management system designed to replace four legacy systems. Received organizational SPOT award for accomplishments.
MASSIAH ASSOCIATES, INC., New York, NY 2002 - Present Massiah Associates is a full service consulting firm providing Strategic Planning, Business Process Improvement, QualityAssurance, Product and Program Development and Talent Development services to global organizations.
Chief Executive Officer
CEO and principal consultant of successful full service consulting practice. Manage staff of four consultants and administrative staff. Developed and executed integrated corporate and divisional strategies in domestic and international organizations that resulted in new positioning and branding, increased revenue streams, profitability, capital procurement, organizational and operational efficiencies and increased managerial proficiencies.
Selected Consulting Assignments:
• Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield - Led initiative to develop and introduce MyWay / Consumer Directed Healthcare product to market. Responsible for product specification, Mainframe based IT user interface and development, marketing / communication. Led team of 23 consultants and project managers. Managed budget of $1.9 Million. Brought initiative in $185,000 under budget and one month before due date. • DLS Financials - Engineered restructuring of insurance agency to develop alternative revenue streams. Repositioned to full services firm, developed three diverse revenue streams and increased income by 11.7%.• Antigua Public Utilities Authority - Executed initiative to assess Managerial team competencies and quantify potential impact upon Authority profitability. Developed and conducted Managerial competency evaluations, then developed subsequent training programs including core management training. Subsequent employee evaluations reflected 37% increase in "Trust of Managerial Competencies". DORNE E.MASSIAH, M.B.A., FLMI [email protected] Page Two
CIGNA, Hartford, CT 2002 - 2003Fortune 100 organization providing Insurance, Retirement and Banking Services. Net revenue of $17.6 Billion in 2008.
Chief Strategy Officer, CIGNA Bank & Trust / CIGNA Corporate
Executive charged with developing business and operational strategy, establishing new business opportunities, leading change management and assessing performance for new thrift, which amassed assets of $49Million in operation year one, and profitability increase of 9% over three consecutive quarters. Reported directly to CEO, assumed responsibility in absence. Led Senior Management, Compliance, Training & Development, consultants and multi-disciplinary operations and project teams. Managed and controlled P&L, operational, capital and project budgets up to $130 Million. Managed Board of Director meetings, including meeting administration and facilitation. Managed corporate charitable initiatives & special events, including American Heart Association, and community / PAC special events.
• CIGNA Living Choices - Created & executed strategy to address beneficiary asset outflow from CIGNA. Led team responsible for program specifications, Technology and Operations development, Communication and Marketing. Within six months of implementation, $835,000 in net assets retained into new products and services. • CIGNA Bank Cares - Conducted Federally regulated community outreach and charitable activities designed to establish brand presence and build goodwill in community. Approximately $1 MM in charitable donations raised. • CIGNA Bank & Trust Inter/Intranet Site - To address lack of internet presence and on-line transactional capabilities, created and executed e-Commerce strategy for virtual bank. At end of benchmarking period, 9800 transactions processed, decreasing manual processing costs by $185,000. Internal seminars conducted decreased productivity down time to 4.5 days per month, down by 32%.
THE VANGUARD GROUP, Valley Forge, PA 1999 - 2002
One of the worlds largest investment management organizations with total assets of approximately $1 Trillion in US Mutual Funds.
Department Head - Mergers & Acquisitions / New Business, Plan Conversion & Project Services
Managed & integrated Conversion and Project Services, Testing, Quality Assessment, Change Management, Implementation, Training & Documentation, Business Process Improvement and Administration for Defined Benefit & Defined Contribution plans. Developed business strategy, established business goals and assessed sector performance against strategic plans. Led and developed team of 155. Capital, Project & Operational Budget responsibility. Activities resulted in $9.5 Billion in converted retirement assets up by 23% from previous year.
• Vanguard PCPS Business Process Improvement - Proactively developed and instituted a quality assessment and management process after observing process inefficiencies. Created analysis of outcomes led to initiatives such as PCPS Employee Feedback, which was nexus for PCPS Management Development Program, and the Conversion Re-Engineering Initiative that decreased processing time from 15 to 5 days and saved $3500 in costs per Conversion. As a result of outcomes, selected as Senior Sponsor of subsequent Corporate Six Sigma initiative.• PCPS Web Based Sales Toolkit - Sponsored automation of web based sales presentation and educational tools that decreased costs, leading to 17% drop in client education costs and shortened deal closings by one week.
TIAA CREF, New York, NY 1992 - 1999
Fortune 100 Financial Services Company Servicing the Medical, Research & Academic Sectors. Managing assets of over $435 Billion.
Manager / Implementation Coordinator - Actuarial Change Management(1995 - 1999)Senior Analyst - Financial Training & Testing (1994 - 1995)Junior Analyst - Financial Training & Testing (1993 - 1994)Acting Supervisor - Group Insurance Training & Project Management (1992 - 1993)Analyst - Group Insurance Training & Project Management (1992 - 1992)
Established Financial Operations Change Management, responsible for managing change to defined benefit and defined contribution plans (aka 401(k) / 403(b)), processes and technology. Performance improvement initiatives created $11.5 million in organizational savings. Led team of 19 change, project & training managers, compliance, testing and technology analysts, quality and service champions). Manage matrix teams of up to 40 corporate project managers and representatives. Responsible for operational budget of $750,000 and project budgets up to $10 Million. Promoted to progressively responsible positions through tenure.DORNE E.MASSIAH, M.B.A., FLMI [email protected] Page Three
TIAA CREF cont'd
• Corporate Workflow - Developed and launched end to end automated corporate work processing& imaging system which achieved organizational savings of $975,000 at end of year one. Mainframe based system provided client self fulfillment activities, automated back end processing and workflow tracking capabilities and reporting functionality.• TIAA-CREF SAP Migration Implementation - Divisional Project Manager responsible for the converting fromPeopleSoft to SAP ERP, migrating 5000+ TIAA-CREF employee records. Detailed management and user requirements, translating requirements into system specifications, creating management reports and managing deliverables against specified timelines and managing communication / project management updates.
SHEARSON LEHMAN BROTHERS, New York NY 1987 - 1992Senior Quality Assurance / Process Re-engineering Analyst, Graduate - Management Associate Program, Senior Arbitrage Analyst, Margin Analyst.
M.B.A., The Hagan School of Business, Iona College, New Rochelle, New York (1993)
B.B.A., Barnard M. Baruch College, City University of New York, New York (1987)
Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Visio), SQL, SAP
SELECTED SPEAKING ENGAGEMENTS / ARTICLES
Featured Speaker - Executive Series, NBMBAA., "Utilizing Employee Retention Programs to Help Increase the Bottom Line" Featured Speaker - PIMA Summer Conference "MasterCard's Value to the Insurance Sector"Author - Living Choices / Accelerated Death Benefits, LOMA
FLMI & ACS Designations, Life Office Management Institute, Atlanta, Georgia (1993)Fellow, Linkages Board Development Program, United Way, New York (2007)Graduate, New Product Development & Innovation Training; Product Portfolio Management, PDMA (2005)Graduate, Vanguard Management / Executive Training Program (2000)Graduate, Vanguard Process Excellence (Six Sigma- Yellow Belt Training) (2000)
Board Member, Barack Obama Charter School for Sustainable Green Careers, Plainfield, NJBoard Member, Westchester Childrens Association, White Plains, NYFounder, Kids Can!, Elmsford, NY
Fellow, William J. Clinton Foundation - Urban Enterprise Initiative National Board Member, City at Peace Executive Board Member (Emeritus), Philadelphia & New York Chapters, NBMBAAMember, Professional Insurance Marketing AssociationMember, National Association of Female Executives (NAFE)