Connect. Inspire. Transform.
Executive focused on the alignment of people, systems and strategy to drive value creation. A firm believer in principle-centered leadership and promoting a strong corporate culture that's conducive to professional development and scalable, sustainable business growth.
cross-functional leadership, strategic planning, forecasting, analytics, organizational development and alignment, e-commerce, digital marketing and online customer acquisition
Digital Marketing Programs Experience:
Paid Search (SEM), Search Engine Optimization (SEO), Email Marketing, Comparison Shopping Engines, Affiliate Marketing, Display and Retargeting, Marketplaces, Social Media and other acquisition marketing + retention marketing
UI/UX, Multivariate Testing, Landing Page Optimization, Merchandising, Guided Navigation, Multi-channel integration (web, stores, catalog) and Content Creation
May 2008 - Present
Fanatics, a Top 50 Internet Retailer Company, is the leading online retailer of officially licensed sports merchandise and provides the ultimate shopping experience to sports fans.
Through the course of my 6+ years at Dreams Inc. (now Fanatics, Inc.), I played multiple roles from business management to head of marketing. As the company grew from tens of millions in revenue to nearly a billion dollars, I embraced the growth and opportunities that came with it.
Dreams Inc. was acquired by Fanatics Inc. (Jacksonville, FL) in 2012 for $183 million. Shortly thereafter, my family and I relocated from the Chicago area to be based at the new headquarters in Jacksonville, FL.
Led the redesign and restructure of the Pro Sports Memorabilia site
- Transitioned from the business side to the marketing side of the matrix organization. Marketing was fueling the majority of double digit growth for the company and many of the channels needed more attention and leadership to sustain growth. After putting a team and clockwork into place for marketing, I was asked to straddle both marketing and business as we signed two major partners...JCP and Walmart.
- Grew CSE program revenue more than 2X by optimizing product data attribution and automating back-end feed processes
- In February of 2010, I was promoted to Director after hiring several managers and building out a much larger marketing team with dedicated resources for individual channels. Continued to oversee key business accounts with JCP and Walmart.
- Increased 2010 captured revenue from aggregate marketing channels 65.7% over 2009 by innovating clockwork, developing channel managers and adding more talent to the marketing team
- Automated systems and optimized programs to reduce annual marketing spend 10.6%, saving over $600k in ad spend while growing top-line double digits
- Grew total annual top-line revenue contribution from marketing channels 40.7% YoY (2011 vs. 2010) while maintaining an overall 10 to 1 return on marketing spend. For the same time-frame, FansEdge, our flagship brand, marketing revenue increased 48.3% with improved YoY efficiency in advertising spend
- After exceeding ambitious marketing targets for 2 consecutive years, I was promoted to VP of Marketing for the Dreams Retail division in March of 2011
- In 2012, facilitated post-merger integration of marketing and analytics teams as well as consolidation of marketing platforms and vendors
Most recently, I moved into the Marketing Operations role in October of 2014 to help several departments transition to a new matrix organizational structure, primarily focused on the operational dynamics between Marketing, General Managers, and other cross-functional areas.
Areas of Accountability:
- P&L responsibility for hundreds of millions in revenue and tens of millions in advertising budgets
- Head of B2C digital marketing channels including paid and organic search, display, retargeting, affiliate marketing, comparison shopping engines, online marketplaces and other new customer acquisition programs
- Also accountable for UI/UX, creative teams (copywriting, front-end development, graphic/web design, photography, video) and product catalog data management
- Oversaw other customer acquisition and retentions programs including brick & mortar advertising, direct mail, store event marketing and more traditional media
Jul 2013 - Oct 2014
Director of E-commerce
Bachrach Acquisition LLC (formerly Bachrach Clothing Inc.)
The Bachrach Brand is a menswear experience based upon European aesthetics, exceptional customer service, and an emphasis on building lasting customer relationships.
Starting with the company in retail sales and store management, I worked my way into the e-commerce division as Internet Marketing Manager in 2006 and was promoted to Director of E-commerce in 2007. I was based in Chicago.
After Bachrach was sold twice in two years, I was presented a new opportunity with Dreams Retail in early 2008.
- Initiated the practice of list segmentation and personalization for e-mail marketing which consistently doubled open / click-through rates while decreasing the number of un-subscribes.
- Used A/B split testing to improve response rates by optimizing subject lines, promotional copy, e-mail formats (text vs. html), and broadcast scheduling (time of day, day of the week).
- Planned web specific promotions and campaigns to boost online sales. Despite challenging performance goals, exceeded plan figures every month until the company changed ownership in July 2006.
- Initiated CRM database hygiene as well as put in a process to standardize and verify captured information for new customers.
- Developed strategy and implemented site enhancements to increase online revenues over 209% during the fourth quarter holiday push.
- Created the bachrach.com Gift Center for December 2007 to facilitate the holiday gift shopping experience. December conversion rates increased 55% and revenue increased by 70% over the previous two years.
- Reduced annual spending by $20K, without any revenue loss, by bringing in-house the production of the digital version of our print catalog.
- Successfully introduced pay-per-click advertising into marketing mix, returning over 5 to 1 on ad spend.
- Despite existing platform limitations, implemented search engine optimization (SEO) techniques to achieve first page organic Google rankings for target keywords.
- Helped coordinate and maintain cross-channel integration and brand consistency between web, catalog and stores. Introduced a new system to improve customer e-mail capture rates through all three channels.
Strategy, Process, Innovation, Culture, Team Building, Training and Development, Succession Planning, Employee Relations, Cross-functional Leadership, Organizational Development, P&L Management, Forecasting
PPC, SEO, Email Marketing, Social Media, Affiliate Programs, Comparison Shopping Engines (CSEs) / Google Product Listing Ads (PLAs)
Traffic Generation, Conversion Optimization, UI/UX, Merchandising, Creative Design (Content, Video, Graphics)
Google Analytics, Adobe Marketing Cloud / Omniture Site Catalyst, Dashboard Reporting, SQL
Customer Service, Client Retention, Store Management, E-commerce, Print Catalogs, Fashion Apparel, Sports Licensed Merchandise
Search Engine Optimization (On-site and Off-site), Integration with Social Signals
Paid Search, Display, Retargeting, PLAs
Email, Social, CRM Database, Loyalty / Rewards